Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dasher

Hello there Dasher,

Our very own Dasher is honored today as DOG OF THE DAY. Yea Dasher

I took one one look & knew who you were sweetheart. I am so happy for
    you & Valerie. I followed along with your story when your human mom brought
    you home & learned of your health problems too.I am thrilled to know that you
    weathered it all in great fashion Dasher. Congratulations on being our honored
    dog today & I want to wish you a long & happy, healthy life to come.
    Sending hugs & kisses for your sweet face.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hey it's our very own Dasher doggie as DOTD today! Extra treats for you fella! You are just so lucky to have found your new home with a PT member, and it is great for both of you. Yay!

DASHER!!! What a beautiful tribute, Val. I love it! Congratulations, handsome, on being Dog of the Day!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

4. I'd know that happy face anywhere! Congratulations Dasher! and Val!

Thanks so much, everyone. Dasher has been extra spoiled today. We played with the racoon this morning. Mr. Mallard has been AWOL for a few months. Can't find him anywhere. I got a few pics of him shaking the critter. It's so fun to watch.

Dasher got a little tuna juice on his kibble this morning (he loves tuna). Then, for lunch, he had his own grilled hot dog. I must have cut the bites too small because he hardly chewed them. I'm amazed at how far we both have come. He's such a sweet dog. I think Duke led me to the perfect one.

One thing to note. He has started "doing wheelies" like Duke used to do at the front door when I was getting ready to take him out to potty. He's also started waiting for me by the front window, laying his feet and head on the ledge the way Duke used to do. In the first months I had him, he wouldn't go near that window. I like to think they're ways that Duke is telling me he's still with me. A part of my heart will always ache because he's not with me. But Dasher makes that ache much less painful. For that, I'm so thankful.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

What a beautiful surprise when I stopped by here today. As soon as I saw the thumbnail I knew it was our Dasher boy. Val I am just so happy for you. I had tears in my eyes as I read your beautifully written tribute, how you and Dasher saved each other. What a very special day indeed and not a more deserving pup than handsome happy boy Dasher. Congratulations to you Dasher, an angel in a sleek black fur coat. It warms my heart to hear what happiness and love you have brought to your momma's heart . I bet Duke is grinning and wagging away up at the RB today. Dasher, have your mom give you some extra hugs and kisses from me and mine!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Hi, Dasher! You are a very handsome boy. You look so cute there with your mallord duck toy. I'm so happy for you that you found your forever home and that you are happy, healthy, and loved so much. You deserve the best in life. Enjoy your special day. Congrats on DOTD!

Dear Dasher, Congratulations! As I read your story today I realized ... I know this story! Wait a minute! And I read the posts and sure enought -- It's dukedogsmom! Happy Dog of the Day, sweet black doggie guy! I am so, so glad you've made it through the difficult heart worm treatments and that you and your mom are getting along so well together. Add me to the list of people who are happy for you today. Congratulations!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congratulations Dasher!! You certainly deserve to be recognized as DOTD. I'm so glad your mom found you and vice versa - you sound like a wonderful pair. I hope you enjoyed your day.

There is our handsome, Dasher. Congratulations, Dasher, on being named Dog of the Day. We know that you are treated as the Dog of the Day everyday, but enjoy some extra hugs from all of us today.

Congrats Dasher!! You are such a Handsome guy, and your mommy loved you so much!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

*Types fast*...*pant pant*.been away from 'puter a few days..and it's almost Monday...so I'm SOOOO happy I made it in time to congratulate my girl Val and The Dash-meister on their very special day!!!!!

It took some time, but, doggone it! (sorry ) you guys did it!!! *claps and jumps up and down* Good health and happiness, lots of good lovin' and wheelies!! Trips to the bark park and chicken and hotdogs, stuffies and huge smiles!!!

I'm thrilled Dasher stole a piece of your heart and visa versa! I think good 'ole Duke is sending a message loud and clear! CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a special pair!!!

I've been Boooo'd!

a day late and a dollar short - what else is new?!
    Congratulations to Val and Dasher!
    What a beautiful Tribute!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..