Thread: Give This Poor Woman A Break

Give This Poor Woman A Break

Some Police Depts. havenothing better to do I guess. Give this old lady
    a break. Geeze

Woman, 71, Arrested for 'Special' Plant

By Associated Press
    7:51 AM CDT, August 24, 2007

GREENSBORO, N.C. - A 71-year-old woman was arrested on drug charges after a chest-high marijuana plant was found in her yard, a plant she said was meant to keep animals away from her garden.

A sheriff's deputy saw the plant as he drove past Betty Holt Walker's home earlier this month, according to Capt. Tony Caliendo of the Guilford County Sheriff's Department.

The deputy stopped to investigate and found five smaller plants behind a shed, as well as marijuana stems and seeds, and a water bong made from a soda bottle inside the house, Caliendo said.

Walker told the deputy she found the first plant -- which had grown to more than 4 feet tall when he saw it -- in her garden and repotted it. She said it was a special plant used to keep animals out of her front yard.

"This wasn't something that was meant to keep animals away," Caliendo said.

Walker is due in court Sept. 12 to face charges of manufacturing marijuana and felony possession of marijuana. A daughter who lives in the home was unaware the plants were in the yard and was not charged, Caliendo said.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Slow day in the precinct.....

Slower day for the AP
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Oh GEEZLEPETE!!! Give it up! Poor lady. whether she was smoking the plants or not, it's such a common hobby that I think they could have possibly found someone else to pick on. I honestly don't see anything wrong with smoking it. It doesn't kill people like beer can...which is LEGAL!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

She should get the Ritchie terms of probation.

82 minutes in the clink and an apology from the city.

---------

Actually, that would have been a great training exercise for SWAT and a K-9 unit.

Mace and Tase her, a little chin music with a baton and glorious justice would have been served.

--------

Liz,

Are you actually supporting criminal activity by a septagenarian?

What's next, running stop signs? Driving 5 below the speed limit?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD

Liz,

Are you actually supporting criminal activity by a septagenarian?

What's next, running stop signs? Driving 5 below the speed limit?

Why not, I'll bet it works wonders for the pains of arthritis. Besides. I'm not
    too sure her "special" plant wouldn't keep the garden critters away.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You would think the police department had better things to do!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

A few years ago in London Ontario a lady was busteed with two houses full of pot plants..... it was somewhere around $500,000 worth of plants.... Know what her sentence was?

2 years of HOUSE ARREST LOL. That should be plenty of time for her to replenish her stash lol. That cracked me up.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    Why not, I'll bet it works wonders for the pains of arthritis. Besides. I'm not
    too sure her "special" plant wouldn't keep the garden critters away.
    My grandmother, who lived to be a good age, 98, would soak pot in alcohol and rub it on her joints-no, not those JOINTS-for her arthritis.

Honest!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

My grandmother grew a HUGE pot plant once, however she had no idea what it was. she thought it was cute looking.. Her son got it for his b-day & it was dying, so she took it, & repotted it as it grew. She was all proud of it & had it displayed in the window. People kept telling her what it looked like. I forget how, but she learned what it was & murdered it She chopped it & put it into the trash before anyone new what she did to it

My poor grandma lol

If this old lady was growing them in the front yard, I'm sure she wasn't smoking them. The bong was more then likely her daughtors.

I'm not for or against pot. My friend has a licence to smoke it for his cronic pain. hes 42 & I've seen him curled up trying not to cry. His meds don't always work, so he needs his pot to help. The pot stops his hands from cramping as much too.

When I'm around people smoking pot my anxiety hardly ever bothers me. I don't smoke it as I'm just not interested (I've tried it, but just not interested).

My father had 3 pot plants he grew from seedlings. He nutured them, fertilized them and watched them grow under a light in his closet. Unfortunately, he fertilized them with kerosene one day and they all died. He was pissed.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!