Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have conversations with your dogs?

I talk to Fenway all of the time. I tell him my dreams and my wishes. I tell him about my day and my plans for the next the day. I tell him what we're doing for the weekend. I tell him about my worries and sadness and I tell him about my happiness and joy. He's my best friend in the whole world. And doesn't everybody share everything with their best friend?
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy
    I've recently been telling Layla a story about how the bears in the woods aren't afraid of thunderstorms.
    LOL!!!
    I'll have to try that one on Buddy! I always say to him "Sierra isn't afriad of thunder! You shouldn't be such a big baby!

I talk to them constently!!! When I get home from work every day I get a mouth full from the Princess! Here's a video of it..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLRQ1qzp5RE
    Then I ask her how her day was, etc... and it goes on forever!!

I talk to Bud all the time too, it's usally "It's okay Bud, you're okay Bud, don't be afriad Bud" I just wish he could hear me and understand what I'm telling him.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Of course, who else am I going to talk to?
    I tell them what i'm doing, and what we're going to do. Sometimes I ask their opinions.
    Star stares at me like I should just read her mind. Jack talks back, he can get pretty vocal, it's cute.

Sierra has a lovely voice, Angie! I love how she keeps putting her paws on Bud when he walks by.

Oh, only all the time. She's a very good listener.

yup, I do the same thing.

Niņo & Eliza

oh yeah, i talk to all of the furries. when i come in , i always ask how their day was, did the squirrels come by, since i'm home now, they're off security duty. when i walk with them, we 'chat' about the neighbor yards, LEAVE IT, and the conversations go on off and on all day. peanut is more vocal then alex,and it makes me smile, her arrooos are very hound like vocalizations. mojo is a very verbal cat. lots of conversation goes on here .
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I think we all hold conversations with our dogs! My husband thinks I'm crazy because I babytalk Buffy, my cats Oscar, and Grover! I have to tell them they are my wittle babies.....now don't I?

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Of course I talk to them. Sadie will sometimes talk back to me. She is more vocal than Maggie or Grant. I sing to Sadie as well.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

All the time!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    What kind of conversations do you have with your dogs/other pets?
    Cassie: Meow (This could mean anything from I'm glad to see you -to- I just wanted to warn you that I barfed on the rug again so don't be mad at me)
    Me: What, honey?
    Cassie: Meow (Same inflection and pitch)
    Me: What do you need?
    (pause)
    Me: Is that everything you wanted to tell me?
    Cassie: Meow (Exactly the same as before)

OR

ME: In the bedroom; Cassie: In the living room
    Cassie: Meow! (LOUD) (I know what this one means: Mom, I'm in here and I just realized you aren't!)
    Me: In here, honey

OR

Me: In bed
    Cassie: (hops up to her usual spot on the bed) Mrrrp
    I know what this one means - Here I am Mom - it's the same sound she makes when she wants to let me know she's close by while I'm getting her food ready or she is just content to be near me.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I think my puppy is ready to take me to the psych ward...

Dogs definitely understand what you are saying....I tell my puppy to lie down and go to sleep and she lies down with a big sigh - like she's saying, "fine, I'll lay down but I won't like it!" Or I'll tell her no and she will make this "errrgh" sound as if she's saying, "aw mom why can't I chew on your favourite shoe?" Then sometimes she will just come up to me and let me squeeze her and rub her vigorously because I can't seem to express how much I love her enough and she'll tolerate it because she knows it's what I need to do. She'll sit there and have an expression on her face like, 'ok mom get it over with".

I'm glad I'm not the only one who talks to their dog.

Rosa is currently in cyprus (i used to live there) and i am in england so i phone my dad just to speak to rosa. I doubt she knows it's me but apparently she goes crazy when my dad holds the phone out to her. I tell her what i've been doing ask how she is.

Rosa lee, they know it's you for sure! My friend has a wheaton terrier and when he puts me on the speaker phone he goes nuts and goes to the door because he thinks I'm there. That's cute!

Oh absolutely I sure do talk to Reilly and Bei-jing, I just talk about anything and everything to them and they sit there and just listen and sometimes they talk back in different tones. Reilly loves for me to say c'mon come help mommy in the kitchen and he stops whatever he is doing and he comes and stays in there while I am doing whatever in there.