Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have conversations with your dogs?

Do you have conversations with your dogs?

I was just curious how many people have conversations with your dogs? I tend to baby talk my dogs, and just tell them what there plans for the day is going to be. Does that sound really weird, or do you do it to? What kind of conversations do you have with your dogs/other pets?
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Absolutely! I'm always telling him how handsome he is. Sometimes I confide in him as well....and just vent to him about whatever is going on in my life.
    However, as an introvert, I love that I can be with my dog and say nothing at all. I think we communicate with dogs a lot more through our body language than through the spoken word, but as primates we hopelessly fall back on verbal language.
    Anyway, I cherish him both as a 'listener' and a 'quiet time' buddy.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

You are not alone. Yes, I do talk to my dogs & sometimes the cats too.
    I ususlly just ramble off my plans for the day, when, I'll be back,etc.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes of course. I've recently been telling Layla a story about how the bears in the woods aren't afraid of thunderstorms. I talk to my dogs, my cats and even my fish.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I talk to all my pets, well except the shrimp. I've been doing it since I my first ever fish, Rainbow and I will continue to lol. By now, It's more of a habit. I talk to them about anything really. Usually, it's how much I love them and how pretty they are.

Yes, I do talk to the dogs and the cats as well. Sometimes I mutter about the news or Dad or something or other. Often I tell them how special they are; pretty or handsome. And of course giving commands like stay home and take care of the hosue and be good; get ready for walkie, etc.

If I didn't talk to the dogs, people would think I have something wrong with me. I tell the dogs everything.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I talk to the dogs exactly the same way I talk to the kids. Like, "Mocha, be patient. Don't you see I'm busy here", or "Missy, leave your sister Muffin alone for a minute, will ya?", or "Muffin, I know you wanna go out for a walk, but I'll have to fold these clothes first.. " .

When I talk to them (in this manner), they cock their heads trying to undertand me. It's really, really, really cute..

Thanks ~Jessie~

I do all the time like today I couldn't safely take Mister with me so I was trying to tell him no Mister you can't go but I won't be gone long and he was tilting his head and started to whimper so I deffinately think they udnerstand. If I didn't talk to Mister I would go crazy plus he "talks" to me so I have to carry on a conversation with him

I also talk to my dogs. They're wonderful little listeners, and even though they can't understand you, they can pick up on your mood. Sometimes they can be a real comfort when I'm upset... sometimes unlike people, they're always there to comfort you when you need it most.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Yakkity yak all day! Result: a head tilt with ears up, huge smile and lots of good lovin'!

I've been Boooo'd!

All the time! Mostly telling him what a good dog he is. Sometimes telling him to stay out of the kitty treat bowl

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Cute thread, Bre. I talk to my dog all of the time. A lot of it is explaining to her what is going to happen that day and what to expect, sometimes it is just telling her how special she is.

All the time telling them how clever they are and how they are such wonderful furkidz and just chat in general like when John's mam broke her hip I gave out stink about the way things had gone so they sat and listened and they love when I read they will sit beside me and let me read to them which is cute they rest their heads on my knee and get comfy and listen to a story.

An no I am not nuts or a loner just like to chat thats all
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

This is a trick question right??? I think people must have something wrong with them if they don't hold conversations with their dogs!! My Dukey and I have had some of the deepest conversations, I know I can tell him anything in the world and my secrets are always safe with him. He just looks at me with those big dark brown eyes and I can see he understands every single word I am saying. Sometimes he will even express his opinion about the matter and give lots of kisses when needed. But he also has a smart mouth side and will talk back. He does not like to be told that he is stinky and needs a bath or that he has bad gas He grumbles and growls and makes all kinds of fuss. Here are pictures of two conversations we have had....
    In this one he was telling me that I should be done working by now, and if I am not what was I doing playing with the camera?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This one he was telling me that it was all Champs fault, he tried to tell her that they were not allowed to do that but she just did not listen and he does not understand why she cannot be a good doggy like him.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I also remind them all daily how much they are love, but my Duke has a very special place in my heart so he gets told all the time how handsome he is, how he is Mommy's bestest boy ever and that there will never ever be another baby like him. But of course he already knows that.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.