Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A really scary day!

A really scary day!

Yesterday my parents left me alone because they had to go to work. So i was in my sisters room on the computer, then all of a sudden i heard the doorbell ring. So i did not care much about it because i am not suppose to answer the door. Then i heard the stranger trying to open the door. Then i ran to my moms bathroom and locked the door. When i heard him walking in the house, i called the cops immediately. I was crying and sobbing and I heard Rex barking at that stranger. The cops told me to open the front door because they want to check the house. But i told them no because i was too scared and the person might still be inside. Then one cop told me to look out the window so we can talk. One cop told me it was the Realtor, who was supposed to call my parents before EVER coming into my house. He never did, so he basically just walked in. We have a special lock on our door for him, if we are not home.

So, I came out of the house(still crying) and the cops asked me all these questions. My sister came and picked me up because of what happened. She took me to her job which cheered me up. I am really proud of my dogs for barking at the Realtor. Now I know if someone ever comes into my house, my dogs will at least protect me.

Either way, it was really scary and I never want to stay home alone again! My parents are really proud of me and the cops said I did the right thing by calling them. After that, my dad called the Realtor and got in a fight with him. He was yelling at him for not calling him before coming to the house. It all turned out ok but I am still shaking from it.

Thanks Maltese_love for the siggy, blinkie, and avatar!

OMG! You must have been terrified! You poor child! I can't believe the realtor walked right in without calling.

I'm glad you did the right thing though - locked yourself in the bathroom and called the cops. That was very smart of you.

I'm glad everything turned out all right.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Omg, thats really scary. I wonder what the realtor was doing there without people and if maybe he was trying to steal some of your things.

You did the right thing

Don't be scared from ever staying home alone again. Just look how well you handled things!! Not all youngins are smart enough to do that!

I was about 14 when I ran into that kind of situation. I was home alone with my old dog. I already knew my dog would do everything to protect me, so I always felt safe at home with him. These 2 guys came up in a red truck. Max was already at the window stairing them down. He was grawling as he saw them walking up the driveway & into the backyard. He ran to the side window & was getting more upset, as he knew they were not suppose to be there. These guys were trying to get through the gate. My dog wanted into the backyard so I let him out. I knew he would set these guys right & boy did he ever... He charged the gate snarling!!! The guys left quickly!

Another time a guy tried to break into our house while my mom & I told the guy to go away. He refused & kept trying to open the door.. my dog was only 3 but he knew what to do.. I let him into the porch & Max was snarling & scratching the heck out of the window trying to eat the guy.. he took off too..

Now heres the funny part.. I always saw that guys car around town,as it was one of a kind... I was walking Max many years later downtown & I saw the car & the guy. Max new him right away.. Max started snarling & snapping up a storm.. usually hes never agressive on a walk, hes a big baby.. but my goodness, everyone feld from around us... Max would not let me go any further & he was forcing me to go another route... People that knew us asked what on earth was up with Max.. I said thats the guy who tried to break into our house years & Max still remembers him.

Dogs are smart, they'll keep you safe, esp. when they sence your scared to death. Do your dogs run loose? if so, for the next time your home alone, keep them in the same room with you... you'll feel safer.

In a couple days or weeks try being home alone again...

You must have been so scared. I don't know how you could live through that, but you did the right thing.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

My goodness!!! I almost cannot believe your realtor came into your home without calling your parents! I am so glad that your pooches were there! Good dogs!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Hugs to you, that sounds quite scary! And treats for the pups for doing their job and protecting!

OMG, Kat you're so lucky I didn't come over! I would have panicked. Overall, at least everything turned out OK. But I still can't believe the Realtor never called your parents or anything.

What were your parents thinking for crying out loud work or not surely someone could have come over to look after you!!!! I am not sure they will leave you alone again and I hope they don't that could have been more than the realtor!!!!
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

Quote Originally Posted by jackmilliesmom
    What were your parents thinking for crying out loud work or not surely someone could have come over to look after you!!!! I am not sure they will leave you alone again and I hope they don't that could have been more than the realtor!!!!
    Shes old enough to be left home alone. I started being left home alone when I was 10. But neighbours (our friends parents) always knew when we were left home alone for a few hours.

When my folks split up mom hired a babysitter that lived 4 blocks away, as mom didn't get home until 11pm. Her only job was to cook us dinner & to know where we were. Other then that, I never had to see the babysitter as I was 13yrs old. Mind you I did go there almost all the time as she had a lot of cool movies, cool tv, a cool dog (I was one of the very very few people that dog liked, she would sleep on her back on my lap for hours while I petted her chest & belly) & she taught me how to cook...

But as everyone saw kittykathleen was able to take care of herself. Even though she was scared, she did everything right

Remember, stuff like that can happen to anyone of any age. It was several months ago I had a scare & I'm turning 25yrs old(tomorrow). Luckly I had Bear (160lb Rottweiler) & Buddy(about 120lb+ Cane Corrso) with me. 2 black men came up to me in the parking lot & I found that really scary, as I was living in a ghetto & black men are the #1 gang members in that neighbourhood (I'm not racist, its just fact for that Toronto ghetto). Turns out Buddy was racist & he started to snarl at the men, which kept them away as Buddy had cropped ears & looked like a GIANT pit bull (which he is not, hes a mastiff)... turns out the men were only interested in knowing what Buddy was, as they had never seen that kind of dog before. But it was still scary, as I knew one of them was a big time drug dealer (a couple months ago he was arrested for dealing coke & they searched his house too)...

So it really doesn't matter how old you are, it all depends on how you handle the situation & I think kittykathleen did a fab. job, & hopefully she'll feel comfy to stay home alone again soon.

oh my gosh! That is REALLY scary! I sort of know how you feel becuse once when i was babysitting the baby's 16 yr old uncle came homw without telling me and his friends were coming and they were scary looking, lol. But I lived right next door, so Ijust took the baby and ran lol. I'm glad it was okay.

stupid realtor.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Sorry you had to go through that, I can just imagine the feelings and thoughts running through your mind. That realtor should be canned for doing this. You'll probably be shaky for a few days, but I'm sure things will settle now that you realize your dog isn't just a wonderful companion but a protector as well. We have a great dog also and I'm sure although very friendly he would prtect us if the need arose.

I am Kitty Kathleen's best friend. We both do everything together, and her parents would never put her in potential danger on purpose. Kathleen has stayed home alone since last year, she knows how to handle it. Her parents call her frequently to check up on her. She is also my next door neighbor, literally. We live right next door, and my mom doesn't work so she can always call her or me. As you can see, she also has her two dogs Buddy and Rex protecting her.

Kathleen handled this very well for someone her age, in my opinion. I think she is capable of doing it again if the problem were to arise. Our town is VERY VERY safe and I doubt anything like this would happen with some bad guy, since It has never happened before. Police are constantly patrolling the block, etc. We have a very low crime rate here. But as you can see, if the problem were to happen, it would be taken care of quickly. Kathleen is very mature for her age. She can go to the mall alone, the movies, etc. I am sure her parents trust her 100% when home alone.

I don't care how old you are if you are to be left alone her parents should have contacted someone to let them know she was alone I have very strong feelings on this due to some back experiences when I was younger and no matter how old you are not safe I am sorry if I am scaring you but come on people parents leaving their kids alone just does not float my boat I am sorry they should not have done this. Yes she did fine calling the police and well done but really what were they thinking such a stupid idiotic thing to do as for the realtor - well will not say anything on that one....... No one should have access to your home - no one only family.
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

I don't care how old you are if you are to be left alone her parents should have contacted someone to let them know she was alone I have very strong feelings on this due to some back experiences when I was younger and no matter how old you are not safe I am sorry if I am scaring you but come on people parents leaving their kids alone just does not float my boat I am sorry they should not have done this. Yes she did fine calling the police and well done but really what were they thinking such a stupid idiotic thing to do as for the realtor - well will not say anything on that one....... No one should have access to your home - no one only family.
    For the record, my mom knew she was home alone and I knew too. She could have/and can always call us if need be. Sometimes, I even come over her house if she is alone. Plus, my parents always leave me and my sister home alone. Kids are going to have to learn one time or another to be left alone. They are most likely going to LIVE alone at one point and there are certain occasions where they will need to be left alone. I think it would be quite silly for a 16 year old to have a baby sitter?? Sorry, If I came across as rude in anyway or I may have taken your post wrong. If I did, then I apologize.