Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I truly that strange???

There are one or two bad streets in the area, (Binghamton) but other than the imported druggies from NYC and the politicians it's really not too bad. The local radio show calls our county legislature the gang of 19.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    There are one or two bad streets in the area, (Binghamton) but other than the imported druggies from NYC and the politicians it's really not too bad. The local radio show calls our county legislature the gang of 19.
    He he he he!! we do get the occasional looney tho!! Like Ralph Bucky Phillips who ran around our area, killing cops ect.... But it is definitely safer than lots of areas!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Not strange at all. But I guess I'm a city girl and not afraid of nothing. If you think something bad it will manifest. I'm of the "oh well we gots to go sometime" genre. I KNOW my gardian angel has protected me on moret than one occasion . The stuff I did as a youngster.
    There's a new car thing now that if you beep your car it can tell if there's a heartbeat in the car. Yipes and good going .

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    Uh, what? You never leave the house after nine, but you stay outside until 10:30 with your friends on your block?
    I mean I will never leave my block after nine.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

you're not strange at all. If there's a shower in the bathroom I'm using, I HAVE to open the curtains and check to make sure no ones there. even if I was just in there. I just can't help myself.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorxMyxLove
    you're not strange at all. If there's a shower in the bathroom I'm using, I HAVE to open the curtains and check to make sure no ones there. even if I was just in there. I just can't help myself.
    Oh my gosh, I do that too! LOL, glad I am not the only one. My Dad's office is right next to the bathroom but I insist on doing this anyway. My routine:

1) turn the lights on
    2) KEEP the door open
    3) Open the shower curtain and check it from top to bottom.

LOL, then I can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    Oh my gosh, I do that too! LOL, glad I am not the only one. My Dad's office is right next to the bathroom but I insist on doing this anyway. My routine:

1) turn the lights on
    2) KEEP the door open
    3) Open the shower curtain and check it from top to bottom.

LOL, then I can go.
    I just peek around the corner. when i was younger, i would do it all sneaky, so that if there was someone in there, they wouldn'tknowi was coming lmfao.

haha my bedroom andmy parents bedroom and the kitchen are RIGHT there outside the bathroom, but I just can't help myself. even at friends houses. i look behind then i put the curtain back exactly how it was so they never know lol
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorxMyxLove
    I just peek around the corner. when i was younger, i would do it all sneaky, so that if there was someone in there, they wouldn'tknowi was coming lmfao.

haha my bedroom andmy parents bedroom and the kitchen are RIGHT there outside the bathroom, but I just can't help myself. even at friends houses. i look behind then i put the curtain back exactly how it was so they never know lol
    LOL, I don't care how mad my friends will get I do it anyway. On occasions, I'll also check under my bed. Which is quite stupid since, I don't think Sassy can even fit under there.

Lmao, I did the same thing when I was younger to. It's just a habit I've always had.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    I am not allowed to close my doors at night(because if there is a fire) but my parents door is always open. I also sleep with a baseball bat under my bed.
    I have always heard that it is safer to sleep with your bedroom door CLOSED when considering the possibilities of a fire, smoke inhalation being the killer, not the fire, and a closed door prevents the smoke from coming in. However, I will let Phred weigh in here, as our resident hot stuff expert.

And, do you think you are going to wake up and get the bat out from under your bed by the time you realize you are being attacked?

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2
    I go out all the time at night to movies, dinner, going to see friends. I have friends that work in grocery stores, malls, and they leave at midnight, one or two o'clock if they stock. That's life in the grown up world. You have to be able to function at any time of night or day. Have to work, go to school at night, shop. Life doesn't stop when the sun goes down.
    I am rarely out after 830 pm, and consider myself quite grown up. I don't have to function at any time day or night. Not at all. My life might not stop when the sun goes down, but it sure as heck slows waaaaaaaaay down.

I don't think your strange at all for checking your back seat OR for going out so late! (I would too for smokes!)

My hubby lived in Las Vegas for 6 months a few years back and it took me quite a while to get used to being home alone at night. (Yes... even with Buddy & Sierra home with me! I'm such a baby!)
    There were times that I would turn off all the lights in the house (so the boogie man outside couldn't see in ) and put Buddy on a leash and walk him around room to room. Then open the back door and have him check out the back yard too.
    No body screws around near my house when Buddy's on guard!

Even with them in the house, I still find myself pulling the shower curtain back to take a peek once in a while.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I have always heard that it is safer to sleep with your bedroom door CLOSED when considering the possibilities of a fire, smoke inhalation being the killer, not the fire, and a closed door prevents the smoke from coming in. However, I will let Phred weigh in here, as our resident hot stuff expert.

And, do you think you are going to wake up and get the bat out from under your bed by the time you realize you are being attacked?

I am rarely out after 830 pm, and consider myself quite grown up. I don't have to function at any time day or night. Not at all. My life might not stop when the sun goes down, but it sure as heck slows waaaaaaaaay down.

Just wait till Jonah is a teen and you have to drive him home from his girlfriends house at all hours
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Just wait till Jonah is a teen and you have to drive him home from his girlfriends house at all hours

Uh....who ever said Jonah will date?

In the world we're living in right now, being so filled with uncertainty, you are not strange to check the back of your car. It has happened before; that someone waits in the back of one's car until they get in.

I am much more a night person than a 'day person'. Of course I am usually out with my brother or someone else, but even when I'm alone I don't feel scared. I stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning while everyone else is asleep. I think it's more fun to go out at night rather than during the day, but that's just me. Everyone in my direct family, aside from my parents, are night people. One time at around 1am, my brother went to Whataburger (a fast food restaurant's here) and got us something to eat. xD
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

I don't check my car at night but sometimes if I'm home alone at night and the dogs start barking at something outside (which I can't see since it's dark), I run to the front door and lock it. Most likely they are only barking at another dog that I can't hear, but it still creeps me out a bit at night.

I'm not a big night person, but my husband is which comes in handy if I want something- I can just send him to the store!

Uh....who ever said Jonah will date?
    I know its hard to imagine but someday you will not be the woman he wants to get close to
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!