Thread: Is Tyler there?

Is Tyler there?

A lady with a name and number that we don't recognize called this morning and asked for Tyler... Hubby answered and said that she asked for him in a sing-song voice but he told her that she had the wrong number... I almost want to call back and say that Yes, there is a Tyler here but he is only 2 years old..
    Wouldn't you ask "Is this Tyler's Dad?" if you wanted to talk to a two year old??
    Hubby thinks it was just a coincidence that she asked for a Tyler but I just can't shake this weird feeling about it!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

people.
    my grandpa died in 2000 and my grandma still gets occasional phone calls and mail for him....
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim

I almost want to call back and say that
    "Yes, there is a Tyler here, but he is only 2 years old" ...
    Be careful, you'll get him signed up for a Lifetime of Telemarketing calls!

Twenty-five years ago, in a weak moment, I filled out a "Shopper's Survey" Questionnaire -
    one of those 20 page lists of everything know to mankind. I checked off that we used tons of
    EVERYthing on the list. They promised a new car, free samples for life, discounts on maternity services,
    and un-ending Junque mail. They made good on the Junque mail promise.

How do I know? The "Name" I used on the survey was "Fred" M...
    our small, young, black HOUSECAT!
    Poor Freddy gets the occasional Junque mail piece to this day ... Postal Gal says we can't
    *forward* Junque mail up to The Bridge.

Telemarketers work the same way - answer the phone once and you're "ON Their List" for life.
    I was getting harrassed by a Homeowner's Insurance outfit ... they were dying to Send a Quote ...
    OK send it to "Fred M..."

Freddy da Kat got her "quote" ... and never-ending "follow-up calls".

If you want to try to end the calls ... tell the caller that >>>
    * S/he got sentenced to life in prison
    * S/he DIED last week
    * S/he moved to Africa

LOL!! Maybe I should say that to all of the people who keep calling for the old owners of our telephone numbers. "Miranda and Darnell" get phone calls from all ends of the earth

I figure that if she is someone we knew that she would call us back. Caller ID gave us her name but it doesn't sound familiar at all! I suppose it could have been his Sunday School teacher but who knows..
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

hehehe I filled out something that I knew was only going to get my junk mail when I was living with my mom (MANY yrs ago).. I said I was MR. Jess King LOL only because I thought it was funny... Then the junk mail for a MR. Jess king started to pour in... It was great for the litter boxes hahaha

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Next time you should just put him on the phone!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Maybe he has been sneaking out and going on bar crawls while you guys are asleep!

Quote Originally Posted by jackie
    Maybe he has been sneaking out and going on bar crawls while you guys are asleep!
    I knew it! That is why he has been taking such long afternoon naps

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahved
    Next time you should just put him on the phone!
    "Hi! I'm playing trucks!" would probably do a good job of getting the point across that he wasn't the Tyler that they were loking for.

Wierd, you know when zoey was like 3-4 months old someone phoned for her too They said her first and last name My husbands like Um shes a baby. Ands the woman was like oh okay then bye LOL

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Our Great Dane used to get junk mail from AARP - nicely addressed and personalized to "Grace Peterson" at my parents' address - I mean she did have grey hair, but she was only 4 when they started arriving!

hmmm....I bet it was his first telemarketing call. Afterall, he has a social security number now so he IS eligible for calls and junk mail

"Hi! I'm playing trucks!" would probably do a good job of getting the point across that he wasn't the Tyler that they were loking for.
    Haha- that'd be great!

Twice recently Justin has gotten an a call and the caller asked to speak with "Justin, with the birthday of February 11". That's not his birthday, not even close. He just tells him they have the wrong number.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

LOL!! Maybe I should say that to all of the people who keep calling for the old owners of our telephone numbers.
    Our phone number was once used by Porter Cable; Rockwell; et all for one of their local power tool repair sites. Every time the season changes, we start with a new round of phone calls from folks needing parts, blades, repair sevices. The old tools came with a list of repair places, listed by state, in the back of the Owner's Manual.

Since these are the "older" tools (the new ones give the toll free 800 number) the calls tend to be from older men. I felt so badly for them, I got the toll free number from an owner's manual in an open box at Home Depot. Keep it by the phone and Dad and I give it out regularly. We also ask them to PLEASE line out our number!

If I had understood what was happening when we first got the phone number, I would have ask the phone company for a new number right away; I mean, I am paying for unpublished, and here my number is in most homes in the US!