Thread: Bella is seriously misbehaving!!

Bella is seriously misbehaving!!

I sooooo need help. My sweet little Bella is absolutely wild. She is almost 4 months old and she is hell on wheels. She bites, claws everything. If I am at the sink, she will jump up on my waist area. At night sometimes we have to put her in her big ol cage because she will terrorize everybody while they "try" to sleep. For the most part it doesn't bother me but not being able to sleep does. We have tried time outs, spray bottles, etc. Ya know when you come home you just wanna pick up your kitty and pet her. Not my Bella. As soon as you pick her up she starts attacking your hands. She has always done this but I thought she might grow out of it. I know she is only 4 months. I have had several kittens in the past and none of them did this. She has tons of toys that we use to play with. WE have absolutely no catnip in the house!! She will sit across the room and stare at you all predatory like and just pounce on you. All the while her tail is wagging like a dog. God forbid should you blink your eyes because she will go straight for those too. I am clueless!
    Sherwin, Bella and Semper's Mama!

First, talk to your vet about this, and see what they say.

You said she has always been like this, but I know from experience when the claws get bigger, it is NOT fun any more!

Second, consider contacting Nancy Efrusy. She is a pet psychic and has done amazing things for other people here on Pet Talk!

Her email is [email protected] Her rate is really good - $30 I think - and she doesn't need the money up front. A pic of your kitty is what she needs. She will also discuss her reading on the phone with you, which is more detailed than the email one she sends.

THIRD - I mentioned the psychic because she might be able to tell you if getting a playmate for Bella is a good idea. But make it a kitten about her age and size!

FOURTH - it might be time for discipline. I am no expert...but if she attacks your hands when you pick her up, (for example), hold her paws and head still for just a moment, and say NO without yelling. Let her know who the 'boss cat' is. Put her down as soon as you say this.

Other folks here will have great ideas...I hope you find a solution soon. Does she have a cat tower/scartching post?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

yes she does. she has a climbing tree that goes to the ceiling, a kitty cave, kitty condo, toys and toys and more toys. We are actually getting another kitten soon. Maybe this will help.

My first question to problems like this is...

Does anyone in the house wrestle with the kitten? If so they need to stop NOW.

Other than that, keeping the claws trimmed short, squirting, and stopping play immediately or time outs are about all I can suggest.

Good luck.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Are you familar with the Bach FLowers Remedies?? Is she fixed yet?
    Nine is Fine!!

Yep, I would keep a squirt gun handy at all times and don't be afraid to use it. Once she gets older, she can do some damage and cause serious injury. And as Catlady711 said, no rough play. Ever. Good luck. She sure is cute!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

No rough play at all. Even if it seems like your just playing and having fun, Bella won't know that and she will think that she can scratch, claw and bite whenever she wants.

If she ever hurts you, you need to get out the spray bottle. If one spray doesn't work try two or three so it will get through to her that hurting you is a "no-no." Try saying "no." Say it sternly, but not yelling. You are the boss of Bella. You need to show her that.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Bella could have been separated from her littermates to soon. She doesn't
    know how cat's play with each other & when she's being too rough.Another
    cat with a lot of spunk might calm her down a bit.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thank you everybody! i will try and answer most of the questions. no she isn't fixed yet. the vet said to wait until she is 6 mo. when we first got her i honestly did not know that you can't play with cats with your hands. i have had kittens/cats before and they didn't do this. but in our defense, she has done this since she was 6 weeks old. we got her from the vet and as far as i know she was only in a cage with her siblings. i use a water bottle and tell her noooooo. she kinda looks at me now when i tell her nooo, like maybe it is sinking in. i tell her "no biting". my fiance is the culprit on this though. i occasionally catch him roughing with her. and his comeback is that his other cats didn't misbehave because he did that.

Would your fiance be willing to suspend the rough play for 1 month, so she learns to calm down?

Otherwise, she is getting mixed messages from Mom and Dad!

Glad she seems to be listening to you, though.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda