Thread: I feel so stupid!!!!

I feel so stupid!!!!

I accidently killed Mojo my Betta

Remember how I said I pit him into the 90Gal tank?
    Well that 90Gal tank has a filter for a 150Gal tank.

I haven't had a small fish in over 15yrs, so it never occured to me that
    small fish + large filter = Death

He was my first Betta & I killed him
    He had such personality for such a little guy.

So now I have no fish.
    Dan killed Mango, & I killed Mojo.

Worst 2 weeks ever!!!

Whats even worse, is that I was out looking for a female for Mojo, but couldn't find any. When I got home I played on my computer, then went to go feed & say hello to Mojo. Couldn't find him & said OH NO!! Checked the filter & there was no water flow. Looked at the base of the tubes & there he was... sigh... Hes still there, as I feel so bad I had to walk away...

Poor little guy. Don't blame yourself, even fish who are used to filtration get sucked in once in a while. Is it too early to suggest a midas cichlid for a big fish with lots of personality? I don't mean to be insensitive because I know how attached one can get to them, but if you get something in there you won't lose the cycle.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452
    Poor little guy. Don't blame yourself, even fish who are used to filtration get sucked in once in a while. Is it too early to suggest a midas cichlid for a big fish with lots of personality? I don't mean to be insensitive because I know how attached one can get to them, but if you get something in there you won't lose the cycle.
    There is not really a cycle in there anyways. Its a fairly fresh fill. I had to clean the filter as it was rancid from what Dan/his family had done to Mango.. I swear there was a years worth of filth in that filter... it stunk up my car & my whole apt!! I wanted to puke!!!

I don't want any cichlids right now. Loosing Mango last week was far too hard on me. A friend is going to help me set up a catfish tank (loaches, pleckos, sharks, etc). Its a massive tank, so I can put a lot of small-med sized fish in it. I soooo want a Plecko like hers.. hes about a foot long & sooooo stunning!!!

We're going to put a few natural large rocks in it (I HATE gravel in the tanks!!), lots of wood & plants

Aw. My dad did the same thing with my Fusion (betta) Now I'm kicking myself for not mentioning something when I read your thread.

Niño & Eliza