Thread: Those arrested for dog fighting won't face charges (MI)

Those arrested for dog fighting won't face charges (MI)

Michigan: MI: Several arrested for dog fighting won't face charges
    Several arrested for dog fighting won't face charges
    No witnesses would come forward in case
    By Jennifer Borrasso

SAGINAW (WJRT) - (08/09/07)--Several people arrested for dog fighting will not face charges in Saginaw. Chief Gerald Cliff says the reason no charges were filed is because no witnesses would come forward in the case.

There are three pit bulls that authorities recovered last week. One of them wasn't involved in the dog fight. Right now, they are at the Saginaw County Animal Care Center.

Last week, police officers responded to a complaint of a dog fight in progress at a house in the 2500 Block of Cumberland Street on the city's east side.

Police say when they got there they found several people standing around two dogs fighting. Police arrested at least five people.

Based on the injuries, the care center director says he believes the two dogs had been fighting for a period of time. Mark Wachner says the fact that the officers got there when they did saved at least one of the dogs' lives.

"He did sustain a lot of injuries to the muzzle and head area," he said. "He got chewed up hard. If this had continued he never would have made this fight. There's no way he could have defended himself from the larger dog."

A woman who lives at the house denied that any dog fighting happened that night. The fate of the three dogs is unknown at this point.

Copyright ©2007 ABC Inc., WJRT, Inc

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?se...cal&id=5555253

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

That's disgusting but sadly it's true. People involved in dog fighting refuse to come forward is very common. It sucks that the laws are so easy and the guilty parties get off with a slap on the wrist simply because they are "only animals".

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!