Thread: Luna peed on the rug again! (and a question regarding cranberries)

Luna peed on the rug again! (and a question regarding cranberries)

She did it twice, two days ago, and today, only hours after I put the rug back on the floor after it's been washed. Usually this indicates that her bladder problems are acting up again. Unfortunately, it's a weekend.

I have a question regarding cranberries. I got capsules with cranberry powder from my doc (as I'm having bladder infections myself lately), and they seem to help me well. I wonder if I can give the powder to Luna also. One capsule contains 400mg cranberry juice powder, and as a human, I'm recommended to eat two capsules/day (which makes 800mg per day). How much can I give to a cat?

If anyone has some advice here, it would be very appreciated!

Kirsten

Oh darn, I really hope Luna isn't getting the bladder infection again. My Yodie, though, has taken a dislike to the rug that I put in my downstairs bath. For some reason, she absolutely does not like that rug. I have another one upstairs that is made of the same material but a different color and she leaves it alone. Go figure. Just thought I'd mention that because sometimes I would take it out of the dryer, lay it down and come back a few minutes later only to find it peed on, the little stinker. So I gave up and got rid of the rug. Problem solved. I sure hope it's something as simple as that for you. We'll keep fingers and paws crossed cuz our furkids like to do this to us on weekends, don't they?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

My vet said 50g. And to do it for about a month.

I don't know how much of a break to take in between, but it is not to be taken continually.

Also - have you contacted the psychic? [email protected]

Good luck! Hopefully this is just a fluke. She is getting her special food, right? Lily can eat it too.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear this. I sure hope it's not another UTI. I was also having a problem with my hallway runner, kitchen rug, and bathroom rugs. Now since I took them all up, I haven't had any more problems. Maybe you should just remove the rug for a while and see if this helps. Good luck.

Thats frustrating not to say smelly and expensive when our Companions use our homes as thier litter boxes.
    Tubster does once in a while but hes getting a lot better and uses the box on the porch. We hope that the cranberries work and Luna does not need a lot of expensive vet tests.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hmm, 50g are a lot, or it's a different measurement than the one we use here.

So far, she seems to be okay, so I was wondering if it's something about the rug. She had this thing with the rugs in the hallway, she always peed on them so in the end, I had to put them away for good. But usually she's leaving this one (in the living room) alone, unless there's another episode of UTI. Well, I think I won't put it there for a while. And maybe it's really about time to contact Nancy...

Kirsten

Hmm, 50g are a lot, or it's a different measurement than the one we use here.
    Kirsten, it must be 50 mg.

Usually medication dosage goes accordingly to body weight, make it proportional to Luna's weight, until you can talk to someone professional.

Good look.

PS : (800 / your weight) x Luna's wight = 1 dose for Luna

Yup, it WAS mg. Sorry about that!

I think taking that rug away might be an interesting idea. It might be 'too familiar' to her, so she pees on it....
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm sorry to hear Luna is having problems again. I sure hope it isn't serious.

From Decker with Love

Kirsten - does Luna get Cosequin mixed in her food? It's usually used as a joint supplement to prevent arthritis, but it also strengthens the lining of the bladder and urethra so that germs and crystals don't do as much damage. And it's just a chicken/fish flavored version of something I myself take, glucosamine/ chondroitin, so it's been pretty extensively studied.

Love, Columbine