Thread: Dog Laughter

Dog Laughter

Dog-laughter: A Study by Simonet, Versteeg, and Storie 2005

"The dog laugh sounds similar to a normal pant. But by analysing the pant using a sonograph, this pant varies with bursts of frequencies, resulting in a laugh.
    Domestic dogs have been sharing the company of humans for over 100,000 years.
    With this lengthy common history, dogs and humans have developed common communication signals, such as eye gaze, touch, smiling, and laughter. When viewed on a spectrograph, human whispers appear very much like the forced breathy exhalation (laugh) of dogs with spiked high frequencies Perhaps, the whisper is a close approximation to the dog-laugh. When humans whisper they produce a pronounced forced breathy exhalation through the mouth. Dogs will often exhibit a play-face while producing the dog-laugh."

Does YOUR dog, cat, bunny, horse or pet laugh?
    Do they laugh at your jokes???
    Do they laugh at your sense of fashion?
    Do they laugh when you laugh??

I remember noticing King laughing. It came as no surprise to me when I read that article when it came out. People look at me crazy when i say that dogs laugh.

I guess I've heard Koli laugh a few times, but it's nothing like King's. That boy had one heck of a sense of humor. Sometimes he could get me laughing really good. Rather than trying to pick apart what was so darn funny I'd just roll with it.

I really can't put my finger on what they laugh at, but i can say their sense of humor is very different than humans'. It's a more simplistic just enjoying life kind of thing. Sometimes they just laugh because they are happy.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Aw that is so cute! I don't think I've ever seen my mom's dog laugh though.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

I think Mister laughs AT me......but either way he deffintely does