View Poll Results: How do you use your cell?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its my only phone, and I love it

5 11.11%
  • Its my only phone, and I want to get a land line again

0 0%
  • Its my primary phone, and we have a land line

14 31.11%
  • I seldom use my cell, I rely mostly on land lines

15 33.33%
  • I don't have a cell phone

9 20.00%
  • other: please specify

2 4.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone lines?

Phone lines?

My sister in law will be moving in with us sometime next month and we're adding her to our cell phone family plan. We will add more minutes for SIL, and the next tier the cell company has minutes-wise is almost double what we currently have. So we got to thinking: with all these additional minutes, why not drop the land line? Nobody really uses the house phone anyway.

Anybody drop their land line and rely solely on their cells? Was it a good idea? Bad one?

Personally bad idea to drop land line.
    Something happens to the cell phone there is no way to communicate. Battery low, need to make a call doesnt work to great.
    Emergency and NO battery power your s.o.l.
    We have both land line and cell.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I would never completely drop my land line. I don't know what service is like there but if we have bad weather we have no cell reception and if there was an emergency no way to call out. We have no small children in the house but hubby's father is 73 and just experienced what he thought was a heart attack but was actually an anxiety attack. There was horrible weather that day and no reception without the land line we couldn't have called an ambulance. The people upstairs were out as were the neighbors so IF it had turned out to be a heart attack we could have been in serious trouble. So you see this is the main reason why I wouldn't give up my landline.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I have a cell phone for emergencies only. I rarely use it at all.

My cell doesn't work well in my house. I need a land line for my satellite dish. The cell is basically for getting directions to adopters when street signs are missing, to find out what I should buy for dinner, and emergencies!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Personally, I hate landlines. It's a waste of money since I use my cell for everything. My parents use the land lines but I very rarely do unless I get a call on there. I never call anyone from one.

Cell phone, only.

I have never used my landline for 'emergency purposes' in my entire life (at least no time that comes to mind, immediately). Could it happen? Sure. But, there are other things that occupy my worry time before that one.

I have both, but use my cell most often.

I have the land line for long distance calls, and the occasional local call.

We don'thave a land line here....and it hasn't caused any problems.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Kim - you might want to call your cell company in case they have a new package available.

Also - call their competitors!

Is there a less expensive 'land line' deal you can get? (not likely, I know).

I use my home as an office a lot, and land line is perfect for me. I use the cell when I am in my car or away from home...I don't often have to make calls.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Kim - you might want to call your cell company in case they have a new package available.

Also - call their competitors!

Is there a less expensive 'land line' deal you can get? (not likely, I know).

I use my home as an office a lot, and land line is perfect for me. I use the cell when I am in my car or away from home...I don't often have to make calls on it.

Mom and I are heading to Winnipeg in September - the cell phone will be a FOR SURE! Stuff can happen.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We live at the bottom of a hill - no cell reception here. Also need the landline for satellite TV.

I have a friend with only a cell phone. She seems to have no problems. But I think I will always keep a landline. Old-fashioned, I guess.

For a long time we had both a land line and our cell phones, we NEVER used the land line so we got rid of it. Justin works at home though and using his cell for work got to be too much so he got a land line for his office.

If your battery is low and you need to make a call you can plug it in and talk on it while it's plugged in. If the battery is low and the power is out you can always plug it into your car.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I mostly use my land line but do admit to loving my cell. I am able to be reached now everywhere I go, which is, I guess, undesirable to some people.

When I come home from work I immediately plug in my cell and I rely on the land line for the rest of the day unless I go out again. Then I grab my cell and put it back in my pocketbook. My question to those of you who only have cells is this.... when your cell is charging what happens when someone is trying to call? I would imagine you are just unreachable for that space of time, and I don't ever want that. If I leave it on while I am charging it, it doesn't fully charge.

We used to have a landline for hubby to use (mom and I have a shared minutes cell plan because we talk to each other so often) and we used to have dial up internet.

Because of higher and higher landline bills we eventually: Upgraded to broadband internet, dumped the landline, AND added a third cell phone to the package and we're STILL saving $20 a month over supposedly 'cheap' internet with that dang landline.

We frequently charge our phones at night so they are ready to use during the day, and on trips we can charge in the car.

I wouldn't go back to a landline if you paid me.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022