Thread: New Puppy Head Shots

New Puppy Head Shots

Took some new head shots this morning for their personal web pages. The pups are now 2 days shy of 5 weeks.

For a quick update. They really are growing by leaps and bounds. They are now eating 3 meals a day and Sheena is no longer free fed. She is now back on a schedule of 3 meals which we are slowly decreasing. The puppes no longer eat mush(ground up Innova Kibble). Now it is crushed instead so they have to get used to chewing the smaller pieces before moving on to the normal size.

They have not had an accident on the carpet area(sleeping area) of their whelping box in 3 days. Which is great. Instead they are going consistantly in their potty area(lino). So they are getting good at that.

They all come to their collar color names seperately but will rush you as a group if you call "puppies". They are learning really well not to chew on people which is nice since they have really sharp teeth now. lol They are great about having claws clipped and it only takes a minute or two to clip all four sets of claws on them. They are fully awake when you do it and just lay back in your arms like a baby to have it done.

They all know when feeding times are and remind you loud and clear. They are not the least bit scared of the vacuum, since it is in their box 3 times a day to vacuum the carpet area. They think it is a toy and have been allowed to check it out(not chew, just sniff and paw)when it is on or off. So they are used to loud noises.

The things we are going to be working on this week is crate training and some leash training. For crate training they will be in their crates to start with for 5 minutes with a little doulp of food as a distraction. After 5 minutes(as long as they don't cry) they get to come out for a play session. If they cry then they will be ignored till they are quiet. Then as soon as they are quiet they will be allowed out for play time. As they get good with 5 mintues then I will increase it to ten and so on. This way by the time they go for their drives or flights they are totally comfortable and used to being in their crates.

For teh leash training it is just basic stuff for now. They are completely used to wearing collars and ignore them except for an itch here or there. So now we will get tehm used to just having the leashes attached this week. No expecting them to follow(which they do well anyway). Instead we will follow them and just have them used to the feel of it being attached and so on. This will be done during their private time outside of the box.

That is basically all we are doing this week. We are taking more stacked shots(attempted ones) on Tuesday. I will post those when we take them. I am also posting a video we took this morning later today. So look back for that. So now on to the photos.

Dark Blue. On August 10 he was 6 1/2 pounds. Forgot to take weights last night. I know naughty me.

Green: On August 10 he was 6 pounds

Light Blue: On August 10 he was 7 pounds

Red: On August 10 he was 5 1/2 pounds

Rainbow(Sherman): On August 10 he was 6 pounds

And Mellow Yellow: On August 10 he was 7 pounds

Hope you enjoyed. Don't forget to check back later for the video
    Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

I just checked out your website! Nice!

I don't know if this question has been asked before, but is it unusual for a litter to be all boys!

They are so cute!

It can happen. Common, not as common as a mixed litter but it can happen regularly to have a litter of all males or all females.

Ok here is the link to todays video

Hope you enjoy.
    Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

Oh my, could they be any cuter!

They are beautiful puppies!

*Swoon* They're getting cuter and cuter!!

When do their ears start to stick up?

Thank you Wolf_Q!

How do you ever get anything done around the house? I'd spend all my time playing with them!

What beautiful, precious babies!

As Kelli1843 said, how do you get things done around the house??

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

They are so handsome! I love watching their features develop. Their new owners are lucky, lucky, lucky. You've done an awesome job. $10 zillion dogs!

I've been Boooo'd!

My kennel boss used to say about cats and kittens - and now it includes these gorgeous woolly-boys as well: "They're always remembering they're supposed to be somewhere else!"

Just CUTE!!!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by kelli1843
    I'd spend all my time playing with them!
    ME TOO! They are so very adorable!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678