Thread: Gus

Gus

Gus is soooo cute i love his coat congrats gus
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gus, what a dear you are. Thank you so much for the nice note you have written to us. I really enjoyed hearing about your life and family. The minute Karen and Paul (head honchos here) saw your note and your picture, they must have said to themselves *Well, this is a Dog of the Day if I ever saw one.* When I look into those beautiful eyes of yours, I can't help but smile and it is easy to see what a sensitive soul you are.

I am glad that you were left at that vet by the people who had you first. It seems like an awful thing to happen, but FATE had something far better in store for you...life with your folks. They love you more than words can say and you love them just as much. Now THAT is how it is supposed to be.

Well, I could go on and on about you Gus, but I will be kind and leave something for the others to say. They will be getting up soon (except maybe some who were out late last night) and I can't wait until they see what a marvelous Dog of the Day awaits them.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Yes, thank you Gus for putting paw to 'puter to tell us your heartwarming, happy tale of resuce and family love! They do say that God works in mysterious ways! I do believe that even in our darkest hour, a ray of hope survives. You may have been abandoned by one family (I don't think we'll even call them THAT) but the powers that be had something truly amazing in store for you: A most wonderful family, home and life every doggie dreams of! A life filled with devotion, companionship, love and lots and lots of doggie pals! Wow!! You are one truly special pupster, Gus! And yes, I admit it, I thought you just might be an Irish Wolfhound too! And Gus, you gave me quite a laugh as I read about your passion for "retrieving!" Congratulations to you dear, dear Gus! You, sweet boy, are our very beautiful and most deserving Sunday Dog of the Day! And in Pet Talk Land, it doesn't get any better than that!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh Gus, what a big handsome boy you are and so intelligent, how about that picking up the paper every day for that treat.
    And staying by your Mom when she was sick, you are one of the most caring and loving dog I know. I'm so glad your Mom and Dad decided to adopt you and now you have a wonderful forever home. I love the story of you picking up everybody's paper, I'm sure they appreciated that. LOL
    Congratulations dear, sweet, handsome Gus Our Very Best Dog of the Day.
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Congrats Gus on being the dog of the day! I think that you are adorable. I bet that was a funny sight to see you gathering up everyone's morning papers. I hope that you get lots of treats for your special day.

Congrats Gus....
    You sound like such a sweet doggie,and very loyal too...
    CongrAts again!!!
    -Chewy
    ~Kay&Chewy~

FCA(Future Cledus's of America)
    FTC(Future Twister Chaser)
    FCR(Frer. Critter Ranch)
    FFA(Future Farmers of America)

Gus, i was overjoyed when i read your story, you are such a sweet amazing pooch. Congratulations on your big day im sure you've earned a few treats today Your parents must be very proud of you!

Gus the Conqueror!

What a wonderful and heartwarming face you have, Sir Gus!
    I just know what a lovable and dedicated dog you are and how important to your Mom and Dad youve become.... and I know all this because your face shows the love you give and get! I am glad to have made your acquaintance, and thanks to your family for the great photo!

rosebitz

Congratulations Gus !!! You are a VERY handsome &
    lovable doggie. Your beautiful eyes & scruffy hairdo make
    you even more handsome...if that's possible. I'm so glad
    to meet you today Gus and offer congrats on being chosen
    as our DOG OF THE DAY !!! Love Ya Sweetie...

Oh Gus, you have the sweetest face and those eyes are so soulful!!! Congrats sweetie!!!

What an absolute cutie-pie you are!!!!

How lucky you are to have been adopted, and how lucky are your parents to have their very own "paper retriever".
    No more cold feet for Dad, although retrieving everyone else's paper would have been a gorgeous photo opportunity.

Have a great day as Dog of the Day!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

[B][COLOR=brown]Well Gus, if that wasn't just the best story I've ever heard, you told it so well!
    All the papers in the neighborhood hu?! I bet that took you forever! Guess there's no need to go to all that work again, expecially if you only get one treat (and for all those papers, not fair!)
    You sound like you got one of the best homes a dog could ever ask for! Have a wonderful life you beautiful BROWN DOG you!!!
    BTW....Congrats for being DOTD!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh! gus! You big, brown bundle of doggie love!! Whatever mix you are...it's the BEST of everything combined!! How excellent that you took such wonderful care of your mom during her illness. I think it's a riot that you happily retreived all the neighorhood papers!!! You are just a super, duper boy! I hope you got kisses and hugs 24/7!!