Thread: Our Morning Routine (Pics)

Our Morning Routine (Pics)

So some people have been asking me how I have been managing with having a litter here, 2 adult dogs, kids(one a toddler) AND being pregnant. Well it is not easy so don't let me fool you that way. But I thought I would let you in on a bit of our routine around here. And I have some pictures to help describe it.

When we get up in the morning everyone here knows that the first priority is the animals. We do not eat till they have. I find this can teach a child a lot in putting someone or something before themselves. So the kids first job with the pets is to distract the pups to the potty end of the whelping box so I can vacuum the carpet(sleeping) end. The vacuum is a toy to them. They are not the least bit scared of the noise and will come check it out and get in the way if the kids don't distract them. So I vacuum and the pups get attention. After all is cleaned up then I check the water and clean out the dish while my 8yr old gets breakfast for her brother and her self. This takes her about 10 minutes so by then the pups are already eating. So I wash out the water and put the dish back and add fresh water. I do this 3 times a day to make sure it is always fresh and clean. Then I make up the puppy food and call them to teh clean carpet area to have breakfast. While they eat I then feed the dogs. This is usually Dedricks chore but since mornings are so rushed with all the pups we decided to let him feed the cats till the pups go to their new homes. Until then hubby and I do it. Then while they eat I vacuum the livingroom. I am having to do that 3 times a day as well. Worth it though.

By the time the dogs are done their breakfast the pups are as well and this is the picture that usually greets me when I check on them to take the dish away:

After I take the dish away Sheena then goes in to feed the thirsty boys. She rarely lays down anymore. She seems to find it much easier to sit to feed them:

After she thinks they have had enough she will stand up and clean up their crumbs from their breakfast. But as you can see that does not mean they stop feeding:

Once the carpet is all clean then Sheena leaves. She is feeding them a lot less now and staying in there less as well.

That is when it is time for the pups to get thier group playtime out of the box. And they KNOW it. But I do not let them out till they go pee. So I sit by the door and watch. As one goes then as soon as they are done I lift them out for them to run around and play with all the puppy toys and kids. We do this about 2 times a day. Once in the morning and once at night. But as we wait patiently for them to potty some of the more stuborn ones come to the door area to try and beg me with their eyes and whines and even howls(yup dark blue knows how to howl) to let them out without having to potty. I never give in but it is cute to watch. So here is what I usually see as I wait.

By the time they have all had free play time they are ready for a well deserved nap. Which then gives me time to work on the computer, do house work adn play with my kids and so on. Until after lunch when we start to do one on one time outside of the box.

So that is my morning routine. Sorry it is so long. Just thought I would give you a little glimpse as to what I do in the mornings. Hope you enjoyed it.
    Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

Oh, my gosh! I love the last ones! Come and get us cos we're ready to play!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLJ

By the time they have all had free play time they are ready for a well deserved nap.
    <gasp>

I'd have needed a nappy LONG before then!

Just curious ~
    If not for the Color-Coded Collars/Name Bands -
    could you possibly tell the PupKids apart form one another?

A few yes. Other no. Rainbow and Red look a lot alike. And so do Dark Blue and Yellow. Green has the shortest coat out of everyone so you can easily tell who he is right away. And Light blue has a shorter coat tehn Dark Blue and Yellow and he is one of the biggest boys so you know who he is. But the other four you could end up mixing up if you don't have the collars on them.

Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

*Yawn* I'm exhausted just reading about what you do BEFORE lunch! Bless you, you're awesome. I have few organizational skills. You're my hero!

I've been Boooo'd!

They are just so darn cute now! Gosh, I got tired just reading what you do! It sounds like Sheena is ready for a little break, too. You forgot to add "Take a ton of pictures & post them on PT!" to your very full day!

I don't know if I could be as strong as you. I mean, just look at this little fella on the right! I'd want to let him out right away. They are oh so cute!

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

*Whew!*

As some of the others have stated I'm tired from just reading how busy you are all day
    You are definitely a dedicated mom & fur mom as well.

Oh I'm not so sure I could resist all those longing eyes and the howl especially...your much stronger than I!

Thanks again for sharing with us. I'll be sad to see the day the pups leave

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets