Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Girl Kills Abusive Father

Teenage Girl Kills Abusive Father

I read this story a few days ago & felt so bad for her & her brother having
    to depend on this guy for their lives. The story was sad enough, but to read
    some of the comments by people to the story was shocking. They had no
    sympathy for the girl at all.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3454218
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Very, very, very sad. Both the girl and her brother will need extensive counseling after living in such awful conditions, and surviving the abuse.

If I read this right, Animal Welfare had been to the house the week before to remove pets from the squalor. If this is true, why didn't they call child services? She wouldn't be up on murder charges and the father (hopefully) would have to pay for his crimes. I thought they usually did. Perhaps I watch too much TV.

Anne
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I read a lot of the posts there...I gather that Children's Services had been contacted at one point...yet another person who had experience with one area's CS said they don't do anything unless someone DOES die. Sad case of understaffing with poorly qualified staff in some areas.

Maybe the poor girl no longer had reason to believe anyone would help them.

One poster on the blog...she said she was raised in far worse conditions, never killed anyone, and that this girl should be tried in adult court: "Murder is murder." That is REALLY sad...I suspect she wanted to kill, but didn't, and is lashing out here...I am TOTALLY guessing, her reply just stunned me.

The girl is in a psych ward now. Clean sheets, regular meals, nice people...a psych ward is heaven compared to where she was. I hope she heals!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Even if she has to spend the rest of her life in prison, she will be far better off than she was living like that. The whole adult community there failed her, no one came to help so there is no wonder she took things into her own hands.

I don't think she should be put on trial for anything. She has already been punished all her life for NOTHING. She has paid her dues! Let her go!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Murder? I'd call that self-preservation. ...or justice (vigil-anti style.)

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    Even if she has to spend the rest of her life in prison, she will be far better off than she was living like that. The whole adult community there failed her, no one came to help so there is no wonder she took things into her own hands.

I don't think she should be put on trial for anything. She has already been punished all her life for NOTHING. She has paid her dues! Let her go!
    I don't think she will do time.
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

All of the people bleating "Why didn't she go to CPS!?!" make me so ANGRY.

When my dad was abusing me, any attempt I made to contact anyone outside of the house regarding it would escalate the violence. I never went to any authorities because I was always afraid it would escalate to my little siblings or to the pets in the house.....I often thought as a kid that if there weren't animals to worry about in the house I would have called the police on many occasions. For years I've regretted that I didn't.

I can't imagine how trapped this poor girl felt...and then how alone when her animal companions were taken away. I hope she gets the counseling she so obviously needs and finds herself in a situation with people who care for her and her well-being.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Was he abusing her when she shot him? I don't exactly know what to think about this case. those poor kids.
    Last edited by Alysser; 08-10-2007 at 08:59 PM.

Murder is never the answer. Nobody ever deserves to die. Nobody. Life is not meant to be destroyed.

I feel sorry for everybody involved in this case, especially the young girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle
    Murder is never the answer. Nobody ever deserves to die. Nobody. Life is not meant to be destroyed.

I feel sorry for everybody involved in this case, especially the young girl.
    Nope, gotta disagree with you on that one.
    Some people do deserve to die.
    Just look what that guy has done to his OWN daughter !!!!! She will live with that for the rest of her life.
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

Murder is never the solution to any problem. I will NEVER condone killing anybody for ANY purpose. Yes, he had issues and he tortured his children, but it was not more logical to kill him for it. I was recently moved by Immaculee Ilibagiza's autobiography Left to Tell. Despite having almost her entire family obliterated in the Rwandan genocide, she forgave the murderers face-to-face. That takes courage, strength, and morality. It's horrifically sad that this young girl was driven to kill, and I can only hope she will heal. But I stand by my words: Murder is never right or just. Nobody ever deserves to die. There is no justice or sense in hurting others because you yourself was hurt.

I hate to overquote Gandhi yet again, but "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". And I believe our society is blind enough as it is.

Murder is never the solution to any problem. I will NEVER condone killing anybody for ANY purpose. Yes, he had issues and he tortured his children, but it was not more logical to kill him for it. I was recently moved by Immaculee Ilibagiza's autobiography Left to Tell. Despite having almost her entire family obliterated in the Rwandan genocide, she forgave the murderers face-to-face. That takes courage, strength, and morality. It's horrifically sad that this young girl was driven to kill, and I can only hope she will heal. But I stand by my words: Murder is never right or just. Nobody ever deserves to die. There is no justice or sense in hurting others because you yourself was hurt.

I hate to overquote Gandhi yet again, but "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". And I believe our society is blind enough as it is.
    Hmmmm...this is actually one of those subjects where people don't sit on the fence One is either on one side or the other.....too big an issue, too many morals involved. I don't think we should go there
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

Life is not meant to be destroyed.

If you had a cancerous growth inside of you, would you want it killed off?
    It's alive.

I believe some people forfeit their right to live by being constant predators
    on the world's most vulnerable people.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    I believe some people forfeit their right to live by being constant predators on the world's most vulnerable people.
    YES !!!!!!!! So True !!!!!!
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"