Thread: flash flooding

flash flooding

Low-lying areas of Pittsburgh are flooded this morning due to a massive thunderstorm that went through western Pa. about 7:00 this morning. It went through in about an hour, but in that hour some 3" inches of rain were dropped on the city. The areas most hit are along the banks of our three rivers. My house is on a hill and didn't get the flooding, but a lot of other people weren't so fortunate. It's a mess right now and there traffic jams because police are rerouting cars out of thre flooded areas. Pittsburgh can use some PT prayers!

The weather this summer has had me scared! The rain that has fallen in such short periods of time is creating a mess all over. We have had those downpours here but like you, I live where it runs off and haven't been effected yet.... But I keep saying, I need to have my A/C picked up off the ground a foot or two just to be safe.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'd like to have PT prayers for a good friend and a member of my church, Debbie, whose basement is flooded and it's threatening the first floor. Debbie, PT is there for you.

Thoughts and prayers going out for Debbie, David. I'm with Laura, this weather lately is very scary. Every time I watch the news I hear about something out of the ordinary

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

more flooding

Last night, while cleaning up from this morning's storm, two more storms went through Pittsburgh. One was a near tornado which damaged a lot of homes and caused more flooding. An area of Pittsburgh, called Millvale was the hardest hit. There was more flooding and people had water up in their first floors. There was widespread power outages and my power was off from 2:30 yesterday until 11:00 this morning. Right now several communities are in a state of emergency including where I live. About a 1/2 mile away from me there is a major mudslide closing a major road. Now it's a clean-up effort.

Prayers coming from me for Debbie! It's been so bad my way too david. Luckily my house was ok, but I can't say the same for my work. The entire office and lab completely flooded yesterday during storm #2. People were here cleaning until late last night just to get us in working condition, but it's still bad. I can't work at my desk because it's all flooded there, so I have to move around to different computers and try to get some work done (see how I am doing at that so far haha). The carpet is completely soaked, we may have to get new carpeting if the remediation company doesn't get here soon. The road in front of my office was so flooded yesterday that cars were getting stuck. The water in the street was about up to car windows. This weekend is supposed to be nice finally, hopefully everyone will get dried out!

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    Prayers coming from me for Debbie! It's been so bad my way too david. Luckily my house was ok, but I can't say the same for my work. The entire office and lab completely flooded yesterday during storm #2. People were here cleaning until late last night just to get us in working condition, but it's still bad. I can't work at my desk because it's all flooded there, so I have to move around to different computers and try to get some work done (see how I am doing at that so far haha). The carpet is completely soaked, we may have to get new carpeting if the remediation company doesn't get here soon. The road in front of my office was so flooded yesterday that cars were getting stuck. The water in the street was about up to car windows. This weekend is supposed to be nice finally, hopefully everyone will get dried out!
    Jen, this weekend will be the break everyone's looking for, to let the waters recede, to dry out and to assess damages. Coal hollow road is still closed because of that huge mudslide and it's about a 1/2 mile from my house.

David I am very sorry about your friend. The weather here has been nothing short of bizarre. I was outside pulling weeds earlier. Within about five minutes the temp dropped from the high 80's with extreme humidity to 66 degrees where it is now. It was ushered in with unbelievable winds. I can't remember such crazy weather ever. Let's hope tomorrow will bring better conditions for your area.