Thread: Advantage multi any one using this???

Advantage multi any one using this???

Any one on here using Advantage multi? I do foster care for dogs. And we get a few in that have worms or mange. And though we keep them quarantined. I want to make extra certain that my permanent babies are taken care of. Advantage multi claims to cover most worms, and fleas, and even some types of mange. So this would be the best product for my guys. If it truly works, which is what I am trying to find out here. I called the Bayer company, who makes this product. Spoke to a Vet personnel, they said it is new to the US. But that it has been working great in Europe, for about 4 years now. But I know Europe isn’t as strict with their med laws as we are. Plus I don’t think they have half the problems with worms as we do. Please any one on here, if you can shed some light on this subject. I would greatly appreciate it. I have spoken with my vet hospital, they said they only carry the cat brand of Advantage. So they didn’t know how well this stuff for dogs really works. They were the ones that gave me the 1-800 number for Bayer.

frontline

I am pretty sure that me and my family use frontline. If you are starting to put the dogs on this medication thats great that you spoke to the vet. But no, i have never tried it on my dog.

My understanding is that Advantage Multi is Bayer's answer to Revolution, or very similar to it.

As I understand it, my boss won't use Advantage Multi because it contains Moxidectin which is the generic ingredient in Proheart6 which was RECALLED because of severe reactions and deaths in dogs.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

wow thanks for telling me that. I think I am going to just stick with Intercepter for dogs. Its been out there for a while, and has proven to work. Thanks again, and God bless

Francine

Quote Originally Posted by frawri
    wow thanks for telling me that. I think I am going to just stick with Intercepter for dogs. Its been out there for a while, and has proven to work. Thanks again, and God bless

Francine
    Revolution does about the same thing including heartworms, intestinal worms, etc but is much safer than Advantage Multi, plus Revolution has been around longer.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022