Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I meet my boss in about 2 hrs - scared to death UPDATE #7

I meet my boss in about 2 hrs - scared to death UPDATE #7

I know this is short notice for everyone...just wanted to share.

After 2 1/2 years at this job, and once again being $3000+ behind on pay, a couple of things happened last Thursday where I just snapped and had HAD it!

I didn't go in the next day, and Boss and I exchanged some heated emails.

He called this morning, and wants to meet for coffee later.

I had already decided that I can't be in the same room with him for a while. He does have problems which he is working on, but I just can't be around the vibe there.

I don't have the resources to even discuss anything. I feel like I am just going to cry(LES even typing this)! There were two things I was wrong about last week, and I am fine admitting that.

But I just don't know what there is to discuss.

I was really jittery and in shock for a bit, after I finally pushed back last week.

I am about to call our VP, who can advise me.

I am just plain scared. Not of being fired....just of seeing him and the discussion.

The company is THIS close to getting capital funding, which would take the workload off three people and enable us to get more and qualified managerial staff.

I guess I will just pray and turn this over to the Big Critter upstairs.

If you have any suggestions on short notice, would appreciate it.

thanks...
    Last edited by Catty1; 08-07-2007 at 05:30 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

All I can suggest --

Each time you feel like crying, look at him and picture him sitting there in his underwear!

Each time you feel like crying, look at him and picture him sitting there in his underwear!
    Except he's CUTE, darn it!

But thanks for the idea...

Left a message for our VP

Don't be frightened Catty......he's just another person in this world.
    Go to the discussion, face it, and if necessary assert yourself.
    After all, it seems to me, that he owes you !!!!! What on earth do you owe him that you haven't already given ?????
    Pluck up some of that little Brownies courage mate.....we are all behind you here.
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

What exactly happened did not see a thread on it - but if you are meeting him for coffee start your list and write down what is important and why you felt you had no choice but to stay at home the following day. Also be assertive about this you cannot let him see that you are afraid or worried about the meeting.

I'm going to pm you now...
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

Think good things. Happy thoughts. Your thoughts play a bigger role than you might think. Think of something nice for dinner..LOL..treat yourself to something AFTER the meeting. If you don't feel there's anything to discuss, let him do the talking. It may bring up something you hadn't considered. Good luck!!

Hi. It was ok.

Moosmom phoned me, and that was a huge help - as were the words posted by everyone here. It's like a calmness settled over me - I actually dressed nicely and put on makeup and tweaked my hair a bit - to go in strong.

He started by acknowledging the stresses I had been under the last year. Sister, waiting for surgery, surgery, death of Mom's cat, dumped by BF, etc...
    He acknowledged his not communicating clearly on a couple of situations, like my being paid on Thursday and stuff. I can't recall his exact words - but that I was to apologize only if I wanted to kind of thing.

I, in turn, acknowledged my two assumptions about what he did Thursday (VP filled me in on that, but I didn't mention it to boss). I admitted I was wrong. And only got a tad of LES - a quick nose wipe and it was over.

I did NOT become a blubbering idiot.

We set up a plan of attack for the week. This is funding week. When the funding happens, I will very shortly not have to be in the office any more, and will avoid it as much as I can. I was able to tell him it wasn't healthy for me to be there without criticizing him.

The bottom line was that we each/both wanted to get over this hurdle. Since it is typical of him to point fingers when HE has made mistakes, I was impressed that he acknowledged his.

THANK YOU, thank you all of you for your support. I think everything came together in that calm warm cape that fell gently over me and infused me.

Thank you.

I am relieved that things went so well for you and that everything is better for you.. I knew you would handle it like a "Lady" and it sounds like you did!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Good on ya mate....you handled it well.
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

Oh great news, things should be getting better in the VERY near future! Hooray! Ya dun grand!

I can't imagine him being too snotty about anything when they owe you money and are behind in payroll. To me, that is just unacceptable. Another reason I love my teachers' union... when I first started in my district, the payroll clerk went on vacation and they said i'd have to wait 45 days for my first paycheck and that if I needed them to call any of my creditors, they'd be glad to. My union rep got on the phone at day 30 and said if my paycheck wasn't in my hand by end of business day, there would be a grievance filed. Needless to say after a few phone calls, I had my paycheck hand delivered by the district superintendent's secretary! I loved it!! (We're a huge district, 3rd largest in PA).

Stick to your guns, and remember, even though you might have made a mistake, mistakes are human. Not paying an employee... not a mistake, and not acceptable!

I'm so glad this went well for you, Candace. I've been thinking of you since what you wrote last week about the X-BF (or I could come up with other initials suitable for that turkey), and I couldn't get the words together to say the kinds of things I wanted to, so I was silent. But I said some prayers and sent some good thoughts your way, for whatever good those did.

Sounds like you and your boss both got through this as well as you possibly could. You did a fantastic job sticking to your guns and knowing what was what. Well done!

Pat

Candace,

I'm glad things went well with you and your boss. I knew they would. Be proud of the way you handled the situation.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Well done!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

A couple of hours ago, I made a bowl of popcorn, put my feet up on my lazy-boy couch, and read a magazine....about the time I got sleepy, Oscar came over from his blanky and did the paw punching thing on my lap. We dozed off for about 1/2 hr til my Mom phoned.

I felt MUCH better after lap-and-purr therapy!

I am SO glad I have my babies!