Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Betta Help Needed! (With Pictures!)

Betta Help Needed! (With Pictures!)

Help! I went to the pet store today, and bought a betta. The lady said they had just been treated for fungus, cause one of them had it. The didn't have a light over the tank so i couldn't see this, but when i took my betta home, i saw that he has this white, almost powdery stuff on his face. What should i do. i know i can take him back, but i would prefer to fix him. what is wrong with my fish??? Please Help!

Pets of the Day so far ...
    BOOF, HONEY & BUNNIKINS

CLICK HERE to see all my pets past and present...

Click Here to go to my Petster account.

Click here to see some of my pet videos on YouTube.

EEWW!!! That looks terrible like a very very bad case of ick or either a fungus of some kind. My gold fish had a fungus thing going on about a year ago but I went to the fish store and got some tablets that I put in the tank and it cleared up finally.

Go to a fish store and maybe you can tell them what happened, it would be a good idea to bring your picture to the store and show them and hopefully they can show you wat to get to help your betta!

You could also get some ick drops to be on the safe side just incase that's what it is--I've never seen a fish with that bad of ick though. ick drops aren't harmful though even if the fish doesn't have any so go ahead if you want to and put some in with him, but make sure not to put too many if you do.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

after a few hours in the new tank the whiteness his almost totally cleared from his eyes. it is still on his scales though. could it have been a reaction to the medication the pet store was using?

BOOF, HONEY & BUNNIKINS

It could be from some kind of medicines they had going on in the tanks for them, and now since you've brought him home and put him in some fresh clean water it's all fading away and disappearing. I hope that's what it is--I hope he's ok.

Is he swimming/eating ok on his own? I think I have seen this before a few years ago on a few bettas at Wal~Mart. No offense to Wal~Mart but they don't seem to care for their fish very properly and lots of them die and have ick and stuff wrong with them all the time. Where did you get your betta??

Give it til tomorrow maybe and if it's not any better by then it probably won't get better unless you get some medicine. I'm still thinking maybe ick drops might help???
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Well here is a picture of the fish after exactly one day in his new tank. You can see how quickly he is getting better, but he is still not fully recovered.

I have looked but i cant find anything for ick treatment. is ick called something different? is it whitespot?

BOOF, HONEY & BUNNIKINS

He does look better....that's good ...
    I get my ick drops at wal mart. They come in a small bottle usually with a red lid on top. They don't come in a box or anything, you just get a bottle. The ick drops are blue and it says ick drops on the front of the bottle.

Is he eating??

I am from Australia, so maybe they call it something different.

Well i think that he has completely recovered. These photos were taken exactly two days after he was put in his new tank. Now i that i think he will survive, i want to name him. Any ideas.

BOOF, HONEY & BUNNIKINS

Isn't it amazing! He went from this:

to this:

In two days. It is amazing what a bit of TLC and a clean enviroment will do.

Oh and yes, he is eating. Not as much as my other pigs, but usually it takes about a week for them to settle into their new enviroment and get their full appetite back.

This is him in his new tank. On the left is Sunny, in the middle is Sobek and on the right is mr un-named. lol.

BOOF, HONEY & BUNNIKINS

I am from the South! Mississippi to be exact!
    Wow, that is amazing. How about the name Spunky, since he rocevered so well and it goes with the other S names?

WOW! I can't believe how much better he looks! YAY!!! I'm so happy for you both!! I was really afraid he wasn't gonna make it but he looks like he's recovering finally! I'm sure he'll be alright now

I didn't know you had 3 bettas, so do I They are very addicting!!! LOL
    I love Red bettas--they are my fav! I have one red, one blue/white, and one that is a very very dark blue. Their names are Barney, Rex & Andy!

How about Lucky since he is very lucky that he got better!!

I used to have 4, two recently passed away. Hmm... i never really thought about the other two having S names. I want a name that says that he is a fighter.

I have got another betta on hold that i am going to get on friday. It was undergoing the same treatment, but it wasnt finished.

I can't wait to show you my new betta.

BOOF, HONEY & BUNNIKINS

I bet you can't wait til friday! Sorry about your other 2 bettas

Not sure if I know of any tough names, what about Survivor? A bit of a mouth-full when you say it, but it's a strong name

How about Archilles? say it like (AR-KA-LEES) If you've seen or heard of the movie Troy then you'll know who I mean. He's a really tough guy on the movie and also there are books/stories about it.

I am from the South! Mississippi to be exact!
    What about Superman? LOL

How is your betta? Picked out a name yet?

He is doing really well thanks. i still cant decide on a name though.

i got my new betta on friday, and he is called rainbow. i will post his pictures here when i upload them into photobucket.

BOOF, HONEY & BUNNIKINS