Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creamsicle is home from her biopsy *Update 8/7

Creamsicle is home from her biopsy *Update 8/7

She's got that *(&^&((%$^% hair follicle infection again! I'm kinda miffed at my vet because he was going to do a biopsy while she was under the anesthesia for spaying but he said that her skin looked so good that he didn't do it. Well, now the infection is back, so he's talking biopsy again. Sigh. Aside from the fact that I feel so bad for my little girl, that means she's going to have to be put under again. And my finances are killing me! Oh well, such is life, I guess. Her appt. is tomorrow morning and I'll update as soon as I know something.
    Last edited by Medusa; 08-07-2007 at 07:16 AM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh my, poor you and poor Creamsicle. Maybe the vet won't charge for the anesthesia this time since he SHOULD have done it before and didn't. That could help. Many prayers for Creamsicle from me and the girls in Indiana that all goes well.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Well, there won't be any anesthesia tomorrow, that's for sure. He has to give her a shot first to clear up the infection. I'm hoping that I misunderstood my vet as far as treatment goes. He's VERY aggressive w/his vet care and he told me that the day we met. And he's not one to pad the bill either. My last visit there he gave me quite a hefty discount saving me several hundred dollars. So I'm thinking maybe I'm just not "getting it" and I intend to ask him about it tomorrow. He doesn't pull any punches so I'm not going to either. He's a great vet, very intuitive, so he's got to have a good reason for not doing the biopsy while she was already under the anesthesia. I just had a "oh dammit" moment when I realized the infection was back. Thanx, though, for the prayers. Cgirl can definitely use 'em.
    Blessings,
    Mary

What is a follicle infection, and how does this happen? I wondering since one of our ferals, Marshmellow, that resides in our backyard has a weird area on his neck. Fur missing and raw looking. He was recently at the vet and got an all clear on his health, so this is a new thing. It's not ringworm it's more like he's scratching it raw. I sure hope your little one gets well soon!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

It starts out feeling like little pimples. If your feral allows you to pet him, when you remove your hand, chances are good that it'll be covered w/cat hair. And the pimples have heads on them and you can pick one off like you would pull sections out of a paint brush. They're very itchy and the cat is just miserable w/it. Dr. Lee said that it occurs mainly in horses from standing in dirty stalls. Cgirl probably gets it from the litterbox even though I clean them several times a day. But, as I mentioned, her immune system is compromised so she can get things that my other cats wouldn't. Left untreated they can lose all their fur and it's so itchy, it's like having poison ivy. As it is, Cgirl lost hair on the top of her head and her chest. I went on a cleaning binge but Dr. Lee assured me that it's nothing that I was or was not doing. Hope this helps.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Poor girl! How do they treat this? I have never heard of it. It amazes me the things these kitties can get, so much like humans.. Hope he can get her fixed up asap and without a whole lot of problems for you or her.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Poor girl! Too bad that your vet hasn't done the biopsy when she was already under anaesthesia!! How awful that she has to deal with that now! And I can totally relate to your worries about the financials!

Kirsten

Awee poor wittle Creamsicle.. So sorry she feels bad with the skin condition again.. Maybe you might want to try another Vet.. I know I just Love my new Lady Vet.. She is very up to date on knowledge & with her equipment.. Get well soon wittle Creamsicle.. Huggss & Prayers being sent..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Will keep good thoughts for her vet visit tomorrow.
    I hope you can clear things up with your vet.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Nah, Dr. Lee is awesome. When I talk to him tomorrow, I'm sure he'll clear everything up for me. I'm just in a pissy faced mood. I made a special trip in to my other office for a client and she didn't show. I called her, no answer, left a voice mail and she didn't return my call. I'm just having one of those days and I've been letting it get the better of me. Oh well, my mantra is "Give me day and I'll be ok." As long as my Cgirl isn't itching too badly right now, I'll be fine after I talk to Dr. Lee. Sorry if I sounded whiney. I've just been going back and forth to the vet for months now w/one catastrophe after another while I'm slowly remodeling my house. Add running between two offices every day to the mix and you've got yourself a crazy blonde lady! Thanx for listening, friends, and I'll update as soon as I know more.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Aw Thats Too Bad When The Vet Assumes Things Will Be All Right And Then You Have To Go Through All That Stress And Expense Again. We Pray That This Time Your Creamsicles All Right And She Doesnt Have To Go Back Again.
    The Found Cats Are Praying For Thier Friend.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I know Medusa you need one of these.. Well at least your not a Blonde from Oklahoma or Texas..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Now that's the best idea I've heard all day!
    Blessings,
    Mary

Prayers and chants and meditations and good wishes and healing energies are coming from us for sweet Creamsicle!

Love,
    Pat and the cats

Poor Creamsicle. That infection sounds miserable! I'm so sorry it's back.

I understand your mood. I was the same way Monday with Ripley. It's not that I'm upset with vet or feel like she isn't doing enough or the right thing it's just my frustration because I know Rip is miserable and I don't know what to do. He gets grumpy too which he usually takes out on me.

Prayers and positive thoughts for Creamsicle.

From Decker with Love