Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daisy is back at the vet and Josh isn't eating very wellUPDATE ON DAISY

Daisy is back at the vet and Josh isn't eating very wellUPDATE ON DAISY

Daisy is back on fluids at the vet. Poor baby, I wish she felt like eating so she could keep her weight on. She doesn't act like anything is wrong when she is at home , she acts like her normal self. That makes it that much harder to see her having to go back and forth to the vet so much and losing weight.

Josh hasn't been eating very much for about a week and has lost about a pound in a month. I took him to the vet yesterday and she gave me some other food to try. He chowed down on it at the vet but not so much at home so I have to syringe feed him to see if we can get his weight back up. I feel so bad because he wants to eat so bad but then when I put the food down and he smells it he just doesn't eat.
    Last edited by doolittleky; 08-02-2007 at 07:17 PM.

I am so sorry for your babies being sick.. I wish they were feeling better.. Bigg Huggss Prayers for your wittle ones & hope they get well soon..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Thats frustrating trying to get a Cat to eat as Precious is losing a bit of weight as well. She has to be fed on her own when the other Found Cats are not around. The only trouble is when theres something good everybodys there.
    We are praying hard for Daisy and Josh.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What in the world is stopping them from eating? I hope they get back to eating as soon as possiable.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That was going to be my question: why aren't they eating? Here's praying that they'll eat now!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    That was going to be my question: why aren't they eating? Here's praying that they'll eat now!
    Thats my question too. I am sending prayers that your kitties get well and start eating again.

Daisy is in kidney failure and also has been diagnosed with pancreatits along with her other medical issues. Josh is 15 years old, diabetic and has an enlarged heart.
    Melissa

Oh boy, well, I can certainly understand why you're concerned. Here's hoping that they both eat and soon!
    Blessings,
    Mary

Oh no...poor babies....poor YOU!!!

(((((((Hugs for Melissa, Daisy & Josh)))))))

Lots of prayers and good thoughts for healing and hungery tummies.

Luv,
    Kelly & Furbabies

xoxoxo
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Lots of good thoughts going out to you and your crew.

I'm so sorry to hear this. They'll both remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Jim just came home from the vet with Daisy. She has been getting fluids and coming home for short visits. Jim says she has two days to start eating on her own because she can't keep just getting fluids. It is impossible to force feed her, they couldn't even do it at the vet. So if she doesn't start eating a significant amount I am afraid she will be put to sleep. I am so uspet. Josh is having to be force fed because he isn't eating enough on his own. I can't stand the thought of it. The hardest part of it is she doesn't act sick, she is acting like he old self. I have to go and spend some time with her.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Our furkids sure have been sick lately. Prayers continuously going out for Daisy and Josh.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

Here is the video I took of Daisy the other day when Jim told me the bad news. So I apologize for the sniffleing in the clip.
    http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...tvideos018.flv

How is Ms. Daisy??? Is she eatiing? Poor girl, she looked so skinny. Too many sick pets at PT lately.