Thread: Uggghhhh...what is wrong with people!!

Uggghhhh...what is wrong with people!!

Just browsing through the paper this moring, and there is an add for free kittens. There are always tons of those, but this ad bothers me as they are only 5 weeks old!! WTH?? Why would you take kittens away from their momma at 5 weeks?? It just drives me nuts!! I am half tempted to answer the ad, and give them a lecture, but I know it would just fall on deaf ears!

I just noticed one of the other ads, is for 6 week olds!! grrr......
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Maybe they're advertising them at such a young age because they know how a lot of people are; people want kittens and not cats, unfortunately, so they may figure that if people see them when they're really young, they'll take them. It is too young to take them away from their mothers but maybe they'll have people look at them and fall in love and tell them that they'll be available for adoption in a few weeks. Not likely but one can hope. I got my Puddy at 5 weeks old but hers was an unusual situation. Her mother rejected her and she had birth defects. Hopefully, all these kittens are healthy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

That breaks my heart.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Instead of lecturing them, how about calling them and educating them? Maybe they don't know that it's better for the kittens to be with their mom longer. If you express your concern in a patient, polite and helpful manner, the information is more likely to be taken.

Afterall, your goal is to help the kittens. Not make them feel like bad people.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

When my mom got Turner he was only about 4 weeks old!! Someone had the kittens out in front of a store giving them away. We were so worried after she had him and the amount of care he still needed... Someone who dont know any better that got the others, he couldnt eat on his own yet or anything. He didnt seem to know how to attempt to eat yet. After several days of syringe feeding he started lapping up soft food. His ears still were soft and almost a bit tipped he was so young. Ugh people are stupid!! But now he is a BIG happy boy all grown up.
    Emily with Snow, Cowgirl, and Chunky

Actually Kalypso was only 5 weeks old when I got her from my piano teacher. The teacher said she was eating hard food and drinking water, and she was perfectly litter trained, so she figured the kitten was ready to go. And Kalypso was fine, the only thing I had to do was give her some catmilk once a day to keep her fully happy, but other than that she knew how to do everything.

Maybe Kalypso was just a genius kitty.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

I agree withe educating them, I saw a similar ad not too long ago and I just e-mailed the person and told them that they should not give the kittens away at 5 weeks old that they still need their mothers milk. They e-mailed me back and told me that they were just trying to find homes for them when the are 8 weeks. So in that case they just printed the information just not the necessary ones.

Melissa

I have tried to call them a couple times, but no one is home yet.

I just think that 5 weeks is way too young. I can definitely understand if they are just trying to find homes before they can actually leave, thats is fine.

I gues we will see once I get ahold of them.
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98
    Instead of lecturing them, how about calling them and educating them? Maybe they don't know that it's better for the kittens to be with their mom longer. If you express your concern in a patient, polite and helpful manner, the information is more likely to be taken.

Afterall, your goal is to help the kittens. Not make them feel like bad people.
    I agree. Those people probably don't know how old kittens need to be before they're old enough to leave their mom. A gentle assistance from a pet expert is much better than harsh words of criticism. Besides, these people are trying to find a good home for the kitties...they're not dumping them somewhere.

Believe me I will be polite! That not what I meant.
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Sadly It Would Be Like Casting Pearls Before Swine. If They Really Cared They Would Have Had The Momma Cat Spayed. I Have The Feeling Is All You Will Get Is A Go To Hell Or Worse.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What is wrong with people?

Is it possible that these tiny babies are orphans?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE