Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The fellas have a new vet

New thread title here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    You have to hit "edit" on the ORIGINAL post you made, the very first post, not the most recent one.
    I do that. i have "stated" that several times. I swear people do not read or listen to other people. I did it on a recent post and it worked. It just won't work on any older posts, up to Dec 2014.

Edit: I even changed the order back to oldest first. It doesn't work. I ahve tried so many variations, it is ridiculous, including browser change, clearing cookies, etc.

This is not really worth my time.

Edit: Out of curiosity I change back to forum default for # of posts per page. I've seen this before, but I didn't really think about it. This is what shows when I edit post #1 with the intention of trying to edit the thread title.
    "Make changes to post 1872853 from the thread The fellas have a new vet

When I clicked on the post link I get this. http://petoftheday.com/talk/editpost.php?do=updatepost&postid=1872853 It's update the post and not the whole thread. Why don't I have that permission? I know why. When I change the title it only changes the subtitle. Apparently the subtitle of Post#1 is NOT linked to the title of the thread for my older posts.

I can change the title of the post in Town Hall. It's a relatively new post.

Last edited by mrspunkysmom; 04-07-2015 at 04:13 PM. Reason: changing the title
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Well, my apologies for attempting to help. Seems as I've stuck a nerve. Will make sure to stay out of it next time.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    Well, my apologies for attempting to help. Seems as I've stuck a nerve. Will make sure to stay out of it next time.
    No, Jessika, you didn't strike a nerve, and I don't fault you. One of my pet peeves is that people don't really listen to other people whether it is oral conversation or writing. And you weren't the only one. I had stated several times the order of events and the different steps that I took.

For some reason, people don't trust other people to be smart anymore. I wonder if this is an American phenomenon or a worldwide problem?
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Well, the vet is a nice lady. She has 8 cats and seems to know cats as well as anyone can be expected to. She gets that my cats are well treated. She love Spunky and his lovely form. He is a really good weight and health for 13 yo.

She declaws her cats. I'm not happy about that. She does them when they are very young, but not sure of the age. I do not think we have an anti-declaw vet in town. However, I do not think she would knowingly harm her cats. If she feels different, she's professional enough not to say so.

She's up on modern diets for the cats, meaning natural diets and plenty of water. Male cats need wet food, but all cats should get it. She doesn't argue about my diet for them. Nice. Neither do the other vets.
    Anne