Thread: Should I be worried???

Should I be worried???

Sometimes If my dog is out to long he become wild he`ll jump,bite and bark.Im very concerned what if i`m doing something wrong? If anyones dog has gone threw this please let me know!!!

Sometimes - and only during the winter when it's snowy - if everyone is outside playing, Daisy gets way too excited and starts nipping playfully. She actually ripped my sister's pants once!!! You have to be very forceful and say no and send the dog inside. When we do that, Daisy sits at the door and cries. She learns her lesson and usually doesn't do it for a while.

When I'm gone to long Max (my rottie) will get excited & jump up on my, bark, he wont nip at me but he dose grab my hand with his mouth for petting.

Dose that cout as biteing?

he gets over it after about 5 seconds of me in his face giving him kisses, & talking to him.

Mouthing, nipping, biting is totally unacceptable behaviour! It took me patience and immediate correction to alleviate this problem with Cody. I tolerate alot but never anything oral. Even when he's playing, I put an end to it immediately. We covered this on another post. I usually pull my hand away and yell "ow!" "no bites" and it stops. His main passion are my alpacka lined thick leather gloves I use at night when I walk him. Cody thinks they are up for grabs and destruction. Since at that point I have his leash on, a quick jerk stops him to. If he does this to me, he will not differentiate other people. Be alpha girl!! Stop it NOW cause it will get worse!!!

Simba doesnt get hyper when he is outside he actually relaxes while outside he goes out to go potty then lays in the sun. Only when simba gets out of the horrible thing called "bath" he is hyper or when I come home from school he get hyper because he is happy to see me. And when my dad comes home from work and does not say Hi to Simba and pet him right when he walks in Simba will bite the bottom of his pants and tug on them (good thing he wears a belt!) If my dad does not say hi Simba will bark (well whine in a playfull tone) Simba has not hurt anyone on purpose except for right when we got him!! We brought him home from the SPCA and i let him in the house. My mom was watching him but he did not know my mom. Bacuase me and my dad got him from the SPCA we were the only people he knew in the household. I went back out o the car to get all of his new toys and treats and all that good stuff that we spent about $200 on at the pet store. While I was getting it i heard a bark, and then my mom yelling. My mom had went to bet Simba and he bit her. The next day after that he bit her the smae way because I had stepped out of the room. I cryed for days wondering if i should keep the dog if he was gpoing to do this.. But we gave him a couple weeks to fit in and get to know everyone and he is fine now. How we gopt him to calm down is i would get him on his leash and everyone would sit on the floor, We would gather around him and i would have a snackin or bone in my hand for him to nibble at, everyone would pet him and tell him good boy. And that is exactly what he is a good boy!!!

------------------
    *.:;BaSim;:.*

we recently let my dog out side of her kennel . She acted good for the first 2 days ....all she would do is lay on the couch now when we used to let her out she pulled books off the shelf and chewd them up and papers were every where and i mean every where. so now we have to keep her in her kenel how do we stop her of this habbit??

------------------
    kiska171

Could you give us some more information before anyone answers you? How old is your dog? How long have you had it? How long has it been in the kennel? What breed is it? Is it left alone in the house? That sort of thing - it is difficult to answer problems like this without as much information as you can think of.

If my dogs are outside for any length of time they're nearly impossible when they come inside. This is especially true in the winter and I think it's because they're blowing off energy stored up while snoozing by the wood stove. Fortunately for us we have an enclosed deck where they can "cool down" for awhile and then they come in and settle down.