Thread: Heck, How Do You...

Heck, How Do You...

fold a fitted sheet?

oh, and wash cheese grinder? especially pizza cutter?

I don't think I have to explain what happened.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I'm afraid to ask what happened!

How to fold a fitted sheet

For the washing - thick rubber gloves (the dishwashing kind) and a stiff small brush for the grater. You can get brushes for washing dishes.

Pizza cutter? Let it soak as long as possible...and then try!

Ummm....you will need rubber gloves to cover the bandaids?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh dear.... I watched that video. Crumpling them up into a ball is SO much easier! Then when you're ready to use the sheet, pull it out, snap it in the air a few times, put on bed. In ten seconds, its stretched over the mattress and no longer wrinkled! Viola!

Pizza cutter..... I don't know. My pizza already comes cut up into 8 nice slices courtesy the pizza shop down the street.

And cheese grinder? Do I even HAVE one of those?

Sooooo... inquiring minds want to know what happened?!

How? Veerrrryyy carefully.

If I don't immediately use the sheets I've just washed (so I don't have to fold ), then John does it perfectly. He must be the only person in the world. See what I have to put up with?

I've been Boooo'd!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I fold my fitted sheets that way. I'm a loser, haha. As for cheese graters and pizza cutters, I just put them in the dishwasher.

Grr...I got distracted with the video as soon as he said "acrosst" instead of "across", grrr...hahaha.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

For the cheese grinder & pizza cutter, soak them in hot water with a little soap.. the gunk will fall off after an hour or so... I usually leave stuff like that soaking over night & wash them the next morning, so I never have to scrub anything!

I long ago gave up trying to fold fitted sheets. Simply not worth the time and frustration. I just sort of wad it up and put it, the flat sheet and one pillowcase inside the other pillow case. That way, everything stays together neatly. When you get ready to change sheets, you just grab the pillowcase, and it's all there.

I like king2005's advice about soaking cheesy stuff in hot water. Then I'd just spray it off with the sink sprayer, and put it in the dishwasher.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    I just sort of wad it up and put it, the flat sheet and one pillowcase inside the other pillow case. That way, everything stays together neatly. When you get ready to change sheets, you just grab the pillowcase, and it's all there.
    Now that is a perfect solution!! I'll have to try that one! At least I wouldn't be tearing apart the room and the linen closet, cursing because I can't find one of the pillow cases (that always happens).

Ugh. I hate folding fitted sheets. I just fold them up in a ball and stuff them in the closet.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I fold my fitted sheets the way the video showed, only not quite so perfectly. I usually take my sheets off the bed, wash them, and put them right back on the bed, eliminating the need to fold them all together.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

[QUOTE=Twisterdog]I long ago gave up trying to fold fitted sheets. Simply not worth the time and frustration. I just sort of wad it up and put it, the flat sheet and one pillowcase inside the other pillow case. That way, everything stays together neatly. When you get ready to change sheets, you just grab the pillowcase, and it's all there. QUOTE]
    That right there is a novel Idea!! Love it!!

Where were you years ago, before all my matching sheets and pillowcases dissapeared??? I dont have a single matching set left in this house!! Must be the same little troll that steals all my matching socks, has moved to my Sheet sets!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    I long ago gave up trying to fold fitted sheets. Simply not worth the time and frustration. I just sort of wad it up and put it, the flat sheet and one pillowcase inside the other pillow case. That way, everything stays together neatly. When you get ready to change sheets, you just grab the pillowcase, and it's all there.
    You are a genius!! I was just trying to find a set of sheets and this would have been SO helpful
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl