Thread: I'm so bored I'm gonna loose my mind!!

I'm so bored I'm gonna loose my mind!!

The system I use to do my work has been down for hours now... I have several different jobs & all use that system.. so I'm 1 bored person... I can access most websites, but not all... My system is web based in Korea (well the server is in Korea)...

I cannot get into gmail either, so I'm going mad not being able to read my email... or being able to do much... My radio website died for a while.. that was a rough 30 mins.. of sitting here spinning in my chair.

There is no point to this thread really, except its giving me something to do..

This is what I do all day long here at work.

1. Do my job, but there is a lot of down time so I play inbetween to keep me busy (they allow it otherwise no one would do this job)
    2. Read Fark
    3. Read my email
    4. Read PT
    5. Chat to usually 2-6 people on msn
    6. surf the net
    7. Play on Facebook
    8. Look at photos on my website
    9. Talk to my neighbours, as they have downtime too (our down time is cause the system has to do stuff, so its slow)
    10. I go to the 10th floor to HR & they get all excite cause they know why i'm there TIMMIES RUN!! hehe
    11. I have the 99.9 on ALL day long (head phones)

Without my work & some sites working, I'm going crazy... I like to keep busy, as I like doing stuff... doing nothing drives me insane...

Well ya... I have 1.5 more hours to go & I swear I'm watching the milla-seconds, as time is going by soooo slow...

I'm also all crazy excited as i'm going to the cottage right after work with the boys & meeting new people (their friends from work).. so thats really not helping me at all heheh

*Bangs head on desk*

at least ur job doesnt bann those website, mine does and so did my school a few years back....i wonder why gmail isnt workin...think about couple hours u can go home and see u fur kids

How about reading a book.

Wow. I want a job that gives me even 15 minutes of downtime in a day. *sigh* Mine keeps me so busy I don't even get to take my scheduled breaks anymore.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I would love to have down time!!! My job is too busy to get down time like that.

I have a lot of work in a day, but because the system is soooo slow, I can do so much fun stuff all at once... Its also super easy for me to get WAY behind. If my system worked faster, I would NEVER get behind, as I can do my job at a very speedy pace (I use to get all my work done by noon & could mess about all afternoon as answers came in every few hours)... THere is the odd time that I have to spend a good hour on one question, as it needs me to research the information... but thats rare, as our database is HUGE as Matt & I want to have the best stats... We are suppose to be at a 70% avg... we are at an 89% avg.. if not higher now, as its been nearly 7 months since I have even thought of those stats... I'm gonna look at them tomorrow.. I really want us to hit that 90%, as we slaved our butts off to hit 90% for MONTHS, but never could, as the database wasn't all that big.

I think I might have the stat numbers wrong but we are a LOT higher then the marker.. its either we're suppose to be at a 60 or 70% avg & were 1% away from either a 80 or 90% avg... I get my Bonus every month so I know we're doing awesome hehe

I met the IT guy an hour or so before I was off.. We're buddies so I was picking on him about not returining my messages & fixing my system.. he said how many times did you call me.. I said a few, but left 1 message & 1 email.. he said, oh thats not enough to make me reply to you.. you'll have to send me a lot more messages, until I get annoyed with you pestering me hehehe He a good guy, hes been trying to get it sorted out... He came to my desk 30 mins later & told me to refresh.. I did & it worked.. He said & WHOS GOD NOW!!! NOW GET 8hrs WORTH OF WORK DONE IN 30 MINS YOU!!! hehe

SO I worked for 30 mins & then went took off to Joe's unit to get ready to go to the cottage!!!!

Well as you can see.. I am now back from the cottage, & I wasn't eaten by a bear LOL But the Bears are out now, so if we go again, we have to start carring spears & fire crackers on our trips to the lake, as we are in thick forest & have to walk on a path through more forest to get to the lake...