Thread: What a place this is!

What a place this is!

Hello all from sunny Seattle. Well, it's sunny today, anyway.

I have been to several pet-centric forums in the past but haven't seen one like this. It is so active! Very cool! Lots of motivated, positive people luv'in their pets. My wife and I are the proud parents of two cats we adopted as adults from the Seattle area animal/wildlife rescue and rehabilitation group PAWS. They're amazing. Here's a link if anyone is interested. http://www.paws.org/
    They're hardly the only organization of their kind but are near and dear to my family.

Our two cats are Oscar and Maggie. I'd insert a picture but I don't quite understand how. I'm sure it tells me somewhere here.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello. The reason I found Pet of the Day was while doing some research for my company (I'll be posting to the marketplace soon), and I'm very glad I did.

Have a Perfect Day,

Scott

Welcome to PT Scott, wife and kitties! Please post over in cat general about your cats when you can

You can find links about how to post pictures in general, do a search forum on posting pictures! Hope this helps

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Welcome Scott!

Glad to have you here. I'm Alyssa and I have 1 dog, 1 parakeet/budgie, 6 fish, and 2 shrimp. Hope you enjoy yourself and stick around.

WELCOME!! You are correct. This is an active, pet loving place. (and addicting, too)

I am one of the certified cat crazy ladies. Not only do I have a large cat family of my own, but I foster for a no kill rescue as well.

You will love it here! And pictures are easy!

Welcome from aotearoa Scott, aka New Zealand, i have been here some years how and love the place too, it is always nice to see new members and learn about their lives and fur families, i Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do, I also have a son called Scott.,cheers matey and keep posting.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Hi Scott, my name is Lut, I am from Belgium You are so right, this is the most active and also most friendly pet forum! you will be addicted to it in no time
    to Pet Talk!!!
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 07-26-2007 at 09:08 AM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Hello and welcome to PT. There is so much fun here with sharing of ideas and stories.

Photos: To put them in the text of your message, you need the pics on your computer.

Then open a FREE photobucket account. Set up a sub album and name it; I use the day of my post to Pet Talk. Then click so you are IN that album, and then upload your photos. See under the photos there aer 3 lines of code? You will need the line labelled "IMG." When you click on it, a yellow box pops up and says "copied."

Open a new tab (Windows XP) or a new Window (Windows 2000)

Next start your new thread. Type your text and, when you are ready to insert th photo, paste the IMG code in the text area. You will see
    [IMG bunch of stuff from photobucket for where the pcutre is [/IMG] finish off your text, add another pic if you want. Once you submit the photos will show up.

Don't worry, drives us all a little nuts the first time or two. Then you start clicking away as if you were born knowing how to do it!

Glad to have you with us!
    Sandie

Welcome to PT!!! I am sure you will love it here, i know I do!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Hi, Scott!

Scott, a big welcome to Pet Talk. I'm david p and I'm from usually sunny Pittsburgh, Pa. Like you I have three rescued kitties (or do they have me!) Nikki, a tuxedo kitty, Daisy, a nutty tortie, and Marigold, another nutty tortie. I volunteer with Cat Sense, a cat rescue organization in Pittsburgh. All three of mine were adopted from Cat Sense. Scott, this is a very active board with a lot of knowledgeable people here. I'm another one here that says this board is addicting!! By the way Scott, there are pictures of Nikki & Daisy in my signaure (I'll have to find a good picture of Marigold to add.)

Hi and welcome to Pet Talk!
    I have two cats named Snow and Angel and a dog named Duke. I also two African Dwarf Frogs named Misty and Rocky. Welcome to PT. Can't wait to see some pictures of your cats!
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Welcome to Pet Talk! I see you've been warned on how addicting it is. I'm owned my Mitzi, my little calico tortie girl. Our boy, Mishi, left us earlier this month but we are slowly getting used to being a one-kitty house. Posting pictures does take a few tricks. Do a search in General for Phred's tutorial. We'll be looking forward to seeing pics of your cats in Cat General

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Thank you All for the HUGE welcome. My gosh!

Unfortunately, the day after I posted, our internet went down, so had been without. I come back, and here are all these welcome messages. I'm off to post on the general forum and will get the picture of our two up (thankks for the instructions).

All the best,

Scott

Welcome to you, Scott... and your family too! Hope to get to know you and your kitties better.

You can see my cat in the avatar, he's 11 years old now. My name is Randi, I live in Copenhagen, Denmark.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.