Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help!

I need help!

My dog is limping. He won't put pressure on his back legs. But sometimes he'll walk fine and others he won't. can anyone tell me why?
    If My Horse Doesn't Like You... I Probably Won't Either

Quote Originally Posted by horse_lover
    My dog is limping. He won't put pressure on his back legs. But sometimes he'll walk fine and others he won't. can anyone tell me why?
    To the Vet you go.

It could be anything from hip dysplasia to ligament damage. Only a Vet with the appropriate diagnostics can determine the problem.

Thanx but I don't have enough money for that. My cousin used to be a vet so I will talk to her. But now, he's walking fine and he's running around outside. Maybe he is just stiff

Your dogs in pain but your not taking it to the vet??
    Maybe you shouldn't own the dog then..
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Okay did you not get the I can't afford a vet bill and he's walking fine now?! As I am writing he is running around outside playing with a soccerball!!!!!!!!

Maybe lymes disease if you don't get your dog treated by a vet it will die, sell, beg, steal, borrow, but get him to a vet NOW!!!

Yes we live with cats visit www.aarrff.org

Okay did you not get the I can't afford a vet bill and he's walking fine now?! As I am writing he is running around outside playing with a soccerball!!!!!!!!
    Yes I did get it and if you can't afford the vet then you clearly can't afford the pet.
    You can always work out a plan with your vet as MANY people on PT do.
    See ALL my pets here

He is fine! My cousin is here right now. She used to be a vet. She doesn't think there is anything wrong with him. It's not that he isn't or should I say wasn't putting pressure on his back legs it was just that he really didn't want to I don't know how to explain it. Right now he is outside chasing my cat

He is fine! My cousin is here right now. She used to be a vet. She doesn't think there is anything wrong with him. It's not that he isn't or should I say wasn't putting pressure on his back legs it was just that he really didn't want to I don't know how to explain it. Right now he is outside chasing my cat
    Just because he is being active doesn't mean he won't feel the pain later. Just wonderign why is your cousin not a vet anymore?
    Also she can't do any test on him just by feeling him. If he wasn't wanting to put pressure on his back legs then there is clearly something wrong.
    See ALL my pets here

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    Yes I did get it and if you can't afford the vet then you clearly can't afford the pet.
    You can always work out a plan with your vet as MANY people on PT do.
    I had to work out a plan with my vet when i took Little Reggie to the vet because my dad had NO money but he borrowed $100 from his boss and i still owe $60 from it because in total it costed $160 with the meds she had to take.

I would take the dog to the vet because they have to perform tests to ACTUALLY see what is going on.

I really don't know how to explain it, he was putting pressure on them and walking but he would limp only like once or twice. My friend took him for a walk while I was gone and she said she ran him a lot. Could that have anything to do with it? My cousin is actually an equine vet now. She switched

I would still take the dog to the vet so that they can perform tests to ACTUALLY see whats going on.

How? We really don't have the money at all. My dad passed away, my mom doesn't have a job, and I'm paying for my horses.

If your like that you really shouldent keep the pet.

You know what. You can all stop teling me I shouldn't have my dog. He's very healthy. I'm crying right now because of you people. Here is a pic but it's not the greatest. I had to print it then scan it and printer is out of ink.
    Attached Images Attached Images