Thread: National Memorial for Greyhound Dogs

National Memorial for Greyhound Dogs

I thought some of you might be interested in this....

NATIONAL MEMORIAL FOR GREYHOUND DOGS

On Saturday, July 27 greyhound advocates in more than two dozen cities across America will join together for a national memorial to remember the thousands of greyhounds who were recently found killed on an Alabama farm.

In late May, investigators found the bodies of more than 2,000 greyhound dogs on the 18-acre farm of an Alabama man who admitted killing them for profit. The dogs, who were reportedly shot in the head for a $10 fee, came primarily from Florida greyhound racetracks, including Pensacola Greyhound Park.

The event is being coordinated by GREY2K USA Advisory Board members Kevin and Sherry Neuman, and held jointly by GREY2K USA and the Greyhound Protection League. It will serve to recognize the Alabama dogs, along with the thousands of others who are killed by dog racing interests each year.

EVERYONE WHO CARES ABOUT GREYHOUND DOGS SHOULD PARTICIPATE IN THIS IMPORTANT NATIONAL EVENT. All volunteers – two-legged and four-legged are welcomed!

To find out how you can participate, and get in touch with a local coordinator in your area, e-mail Kevin Neuman at: [email protected]

Finally, if you cannot attend, but would like to help with the success of this event, please use our secure server (below) to make a designated credit card donation. You may also send a check to:

GREY2K USA
    PO Box 442117
    Somerville, MA 02144

Be sure to include the words, "National Greyhound Memorial" on your check or in an enclosed note.

OH, My! How horrible! How could someone do such a thing?! That guy has no conscience!

Those precious grey hounds will be in my thoughts along with the millions of other dogs that have been cruely killed.

Thanks for the heads up, Jennifer. I saw a story about this on the news. However do these people live with themselves????? It is totally beyond my comprehension that a person could do this, live with himself, and for a profit no less There are a lot of Greyhound Rescue groups around here and I will definitely check out your link. I work with many Greyhounds every week at the kennel and they ARE the most loving, gentle and kind creatures imaginable. I know they are among God's most beloved furangels. May God Bless their sweet souls.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

It's impossible to even imagine this happened, something like this makes me ill. I think the man should be shot. The greyhounds do their job and then they are thrown away like yesterday's trash.
    Horrible, when will people in this country wake up?
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

How could someone be so cruel, all those beautiful loving animals. I hate to hear things lke that.