Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pyka - September 26, 1998 - July 21, 2007

Pyka - September 26, 1998 - July 21, 2007

Pyka on the left, Shiney on the right.

Pyka: "I AM awake!" The pics don't do justice to his blue blue eyes.

When my sister and mom first went to look at Pyka and his brother, they were struck by Pyka. He was walking across the floor of the pen, up the wall, upside down across the ceiling, and down the other side, 'yelling' all the while.

He was promptly named Spider Monkey, then Spidey Monk, then it lost the "S" and became Pyka, Pie-man, Pie-Face, etc. When he grew up and became a long-legged Lilac point, Mom dubbed him "Two Storey Furry Pants".

His littermate was as timid as his brother was bold. He became "Shydey" and later that became "Shiney" because he was a "shiny new cat".

They were my sister Darcia's cats until 4 years ago - and even then, we took them for a visit to the long-term care centre where my sister was. She was just bowled over at seeing her "boys". As time passed, and the MS scarred more of my sister's brain and took away her speech and awareness, Mom could always get laughs - and later, smiles - by telling her stories, real or not, about her cats.

My mom moved to a new place...the dear old dark Siamese had gone to the Bridge at age 19 1/2, and she just adored the two Lilac boys. They returned the favour, and had her trained in no time! When Darcia died in April of 2006, my mom treasured them even more as a link to Darcia, and a tiny photo of them in a flowered frame was placed inside the vault on Darcia's urn.

Pyka went quietly...you can read most of his story in his post on cancer. Though he usually "honked" (what we called his 'meow'), and often, when Dr Dand took him into the other room to insert the catheter, Pyka chatted to him, and then was nice and quiet. Was "quiet as a mouse" with the catheter, we were told.

Mom cuddled him partly in a towel, and I sat beside her (a lovely, homelike room with a little two-seater couch). Pyka was so happy being cuddled by mom - and I looked into his blue eyes and stroked his forehead, the bridge of his nose, and he blinked and looked at me happily with his blue eyes.

When mom said ok, and Dr Dand let us know he had injected, we kept loving Pyka - he raised his head a tad and licked his lips, mouth open...then his little dear head settled gently down as if into a sweet, loved nap.

Darling, Darling Pyka....we love you and miss you. Please let my mom know you are ok.

I will be posting baby pics that I scanned, and that Bri is looking after. Thank you, Bri!

Play at the Bridge, darling beloved boy.
    Last edited by Catty1; 07-24-2007 at 10:16 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    RIP Sweet Pyka

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Pyka, rest well dear boy.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

What a wonderful tribute. I'm sure that he has been reunited with your sister and is playing like a kitten again. I was very sad to read that he had cancer and that there was nothing that could be done. He sure was a handsome boy. RIP sweet Pyka.

I just now read the other post this morning. I'm so sorry about this, Candace! Pyka went peacefully and he deserved that; he's sure had more than his share of suffering lately, so going to the bridge peacefully was the only right thing to do. I'm so sorry for the pain that you and your mom are experiencing now. Special prayers going out to you both. RIP, sweet Pyka. Take a long nap and wait for the day to come when you'll be held and cuddled by those who love you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

RIP Pyka, you were dearly loved and will be missed.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Unhappy

Pykas Such A Handsome Cat , He Reminds Me Of My Dear B J Angel.
    And Now His Suffering Is Over And He Has His Wings Of Silver With Gold Hes Going To Travel With The Pet Angel Army All Over The World Seeing And Visiting Some Truly Amazing Places.
    And Then You Will Be Reunited And Pyka Will Have Lots Of Places That You Can Share Together.

One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I had a hard time ready this and staying composed.

Gosh, this is the first post I read this morning, at my desk, at work. I was crying so hard that I needed to close my door so folks wouldn't see me.

What a lovely tribute to such a wonderful kitty. There are many broken hearts left. They will heal some day.

(((((((((((((Pyka))))))))))))

Please tell your mother how sorry I am about her loss!

R.I.P. Pyka, you were dearly loved!

Kirsten

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten
    Please tell your mother how sorry I am about her loss!

R.I.P. Pyka, you were dearly loved!

Kirsten

Agree completely, Catty1 -- I am so sorry for your loss.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Lighting candles and singing soft Meezer songs over FL tonight, for Pyka, dearly loved cat.

Godspeed to the Bridge.

R.I.P. beautiful Pyka. You will be missed!

Pyka was a wonderful looking kitty I am so sorry for your loss!! What a wonderful tribute.

*I've been Boo'd*

RIP sweet, beautiful Pyka. You were SO loved.

((((((HUGS))))))) to you Candace and your mom.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

What a beautiful tribute to a sweet, beloved boy. My deepest sympathy to you and your mother both, Candace.

Hugs,
    Pat