Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much do Min Pin pups go for?

Quote Originally Posted by horse_lover
    She isn'ta stuck up person who want's her animals for money. Not at all!
    then why is she breeding her dog for money then?
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

No you have it all wrong! He is a pure bred min pin! No I don't know exactly why she wants to breed him but she does!
    ...And your point is?? My dog is purebred, but if he's from a backyard breeder he doesn't meet the breed standard. Just because he's purebred doesn't mean he matches AKC standards. No one ever said your cousin was mean and uncaring. Your the one who basically said she was breeding her dog for money. A little money would help? If she can't pay for the horses with just the job she has then why does she have them? This thread is all a bunch of rubbish lies to me.

Do all people breed for money? She isn't just breeding for money! Don't peole have a right to breed. Maybe it's for herself and she doesn't make money?
    If My Horse Doesn't Like You... I Probably Won't Either

-sigh-

Please don't add to the pet population.

I feel sorry for any homes that will be buying.

I bought a puppy from a BYB, big mistake. She died at 13 weeks old on Halloween.

Obviously nobody is going to talk any sense into your or the person planning on breeding, but I guess if you saw a hundreds of animals in a shelter, or an animal euthanasia because people are stupid, you might change your mind.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Do all people breed for money? She isn't just breeding for money! Don't peole have a right to breed. Maybe it's for herself and she doesn't make money?
    I don't ,
    I breed for myself.I kept 3 puppies out of my last litter of 9 sold two(as I didn't know the people real well),and gave the rest to people who are great forever homes.
    Here is the Mim Pin standard.

http://www.minpin.org/ill_stand.htm

No, responsible breeders breed to improve the breed and breed out unwanted behaviors, looks, etc. People who don't research, don't spend their last dime on tests on the parents, and don't show their dogs have NO right to breed IMO. Maybe it's for herself? You just said she doesn't just breed for money. Tell me, how has she improved the breed then?

Wow...I am just absolutely flabbergasted by the ignorace of this thread. No one should EVER breed any animal in hopes of "MAKING A LITTLE MONEY". That is just absolutely disgusting. I surely hope that if the dogs hook up no puppies are conceived because obviously you and your sister have made up your minds about why this dog should be bred(and quite obviously the WRONG reasons). If for some unfortunate reason there are puppies conceived I hope that they find the best forever homes and you and your sister learn why breeding by amatures should not be done and she gets her dogs altered.

You can take what everyone said on here and get your panties in a wad but all of us on here are for bettering a bred, rescuing unwanted animals or promoters of neutering and spaying to prevent so many unwanted babies.

And no matter how cute a puppy is, they all grow up and become DOGS, not that they aren't still loved (by most) but some people out there just get the AWWWWW, A PUPPY attitude and the poor puppy never gets socialization, training or anything else and becomes a problem dog that ends up unwanted, roaming the streets or sitting in a pound somewhere or worse, dead due to some sort of neglect. I am sorry but I could not just breed for myself like this and not worry daily about the puppies I sent out into the world, are they still loved, do they have homes, are they sitting in a shelter somewhere, have they already been PTS? I just could not image.

I hope for your sisters sake she has a little more sense than you have obviously displayed in this thread here with the half truths and the ingnorant little rants.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Breeding to make money is the wrong reason to breed.
    A responsible breeder breeds to better the breed, and NEVER for the money.

This is so sad.....
    I wonder how many of these puppies will end up dieing homeless in shelters.

Please tell her not to breed.
    If she needs money and likes dogs, she should get a job working with animals. At a doggie day care, groomers... etc.

There are other ways your friend can make money with out adding to the overpopulation of America's unwanted pets that die in shelters.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Don't feed the troll. I'd like to think it's just someone trying to bug us and nobody would be that stupid to think the way it does.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Just had to add my two cents worth.First in the first couple posts you started you said he was spoiled,That has nothing to do with the actual breeding.

He obviously was not tested,There is alot of tests they do before hand,And you say that your sister needs money,So obviously she could not afford the procedures before a breeding!

What is a min pin anyways?Is it not two mixed breed like a puggle?(If not i apologize)I have never heard of that breed before!

If you talk to any reputable breeder,They will tell you that they do not make any money,Infact most pay in more than what they take back!
    You have to have them for checkups,there shots,and what ever other health issue that may occur.

There are a few breeders on here,Ask them they will tell you that Breeding is not a money maker,Why put an animal through that to make an extra buck?

Your sister is obviously mature enough,She should know better,Has she not seen the news and commercials of all the poor animals abandoned?

A min pin is a Miniature Pinscher..

Most of my dogs in my life came from BYBs and Puppymills. I've seen the problems they can have and how sometiems it affects them at old age and some at young. My old GSD, Hannah, was put down due to aggression, turns out her WHOLE litter including her mother, was also put down due to aggression. My other GSD, Simon, was pretty aggressive as well. But he was also very family oriented unlike Hannah and we could control him. He also had bad hip problems in his old age as GSDs are prone to Hip Dysplasia I believe.
    My old poodle, Alex, he is terrified of everything due to lack of socialization as a puppy. Takes him a very long time to get used to something otherwise he's pretty much scared of everything. His new owner now, says he just enjoys being in the house all the time. I have more but no time to talk about them.

BYBs shouldn't exist and I think it's rediculous when people are breeding for the "extra buck". If you can't afford the animals it's about time you start thinking about maybe rehoming a few, you shouldn't take in more if you can't handle them all.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

I agree,If you think that breeding is going to put money in your pocket you are wrong!

I see from horse_lover's profile that he is only 13. This person and his sister need to learn what we all have about the plight of dogs and cats.

I certainly hope that the dogs are not bred. But I think we need to educate both of these people, not condemn them.

Until you have worked with a shelter or have done rescue work yourself, you really can't understand how bad the problem is. At 13, shelters won't let you volunteer. But visiting a couple of animal control places might give a hint of the problems.

Puppies are cute. They are also a lot of work and expense. Please try to get your sister to rethink this.

WEll you don't know anything! How would you know if she even asked them! You people are so rude!
    Okay, lighten up here...
    1: These 'rude' people know A LOT more about breeding that you, or your friend know about breeding dogs.

2: They ARE NOT being rude to you! They are simply trying to HELP YOU.

Grow up a little, hon.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

i think ur sister should leave the breedin to the ppl who know what there doin, i have a breeder that i went to for all four of my chihuahua's. she is trustable offers a 1 year health guarntee and all 4 of my dogs have papers and yes they might be pure bred. but not all 4 might be 100% up to the UKC stranded since mine are ukc not akc. but anyway u need to know what ur doin, not just lovin ur dog and trainin it but more than that. if she needs money look for it in oher places and get her dogs fixed.