Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much do Min Pin pups go for?

How much do Min Pin pups go for?

My cousin is breeding her min pin Oliver and she is wondering how much she could get for the puupies. Also how much could she charge people if they want to breed him with their dogs.
    If My Horse Doesn't Like You... I Probably Won't Either

Your cousin shouldn't be breeding her dog in the first place. Sounds like Oliver is "just" a pet, not anything of breeding quality. There are too many unwanted dogs out there due to irresponsible (so called) breeders as it is. The last thing we need is more. Not meaning to be rude, but it's the truth. I hope she changes her mind.

What?! She has to dogs! She spoils Oliver like a baby! He sleeps right next to her and he goes everywhere she goes. He gets alot of treats too. Her other dog is in heat and she wants to breed them! He was bred probably threes months ago and the poeple who bred him are wondring. I guess you read it wrong? I don't know.

If her dog has not proven him self to meet the standard(by showing in dog shows) then he should not be bred.
    plus I just checked on OFA web site and they seem to be testin Min Pins,hearts,elbows,heart,eyes,LEGG-CALVE-PERTHES,PATELLA and THYROID.
    Has her dog been health tested?

Puppies go for what ever people will pay.
    50.00 would be a good price for puppies out of non heath tested or titles parents...

Quote Originally Posted by horse_lover
    What?! She has to dogs! She spoils Oliver like a baby! He sleeps right next to her and he goes everywhere she goes. He gets alot of treats too. Her other dog is in heat and she wants to breed them! He was bred probably threes months ago and they are wondering how much they should sell em for
    You will find that this site does not like Back Yard Breeders. We spend most of our time rescuing animals from shelters and bad situations, and frown on people bringing more dogs into the world, just because they can! If this dog is not the top of its breed, it should not be bred, and from the sounds of it, she just wants to make money anyways!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

you people have problems! I don't ask questions to get nagged. She is 20 years old and has 11 horses to pay for and is working a part time job! I think a little money would help!

She also took Oliver from my other cousin who was going to bring him to a Humane Society!

I agree with Orangutango. she needs to neuter him.. why doesn't she get a second job rather than breeding her dog for money? you asking how much she could get for the pups says it all. we don't need anymore dogs in this world.. not everyone is going to want a min pin.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Because she needs the money first!

Your other cousin was going to dump the poor pup in a shelter?

Weell, that is exactly why the little guy does NOT need to be reproducing! Because there are tons of unwanted dogs in this country, therefore logically, only dogs that have proven themselves in conformation, working, and health tests need to be reproducing. If you aren't breeding to actually improve the breed - not for financial gain - you are just adding to a terrible overpopulation problem. Dogs are companions, not money-making machines!

Check out this site, it has lots of good information! http://www.learntobreed.com

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Because she needs the money first!
    she CAN get a second job it's not that hard. ugh I am not going to say anymore. sure she loves him enough to breed him just to get money.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I agree with what everone has said.If Oliver has never be shown and doesn't meet the breed standard.He shouldn't be breed.Plus there are so many dogs without home already why add to it.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

No you have it all wrong! He is a pure bred min pin! No I don't know exactly why she wants to breed him but she does!

No you have it all wrong! He is a pure bred min pin! No I don't know exactly why she wants to breed him but she does!
    Even AKC will tell you that being a pure bred with papers does'nt mean the dog is healthy or meets it's breed standard.

He's been tested already for everything and he has all of his shots