Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another bad situation. * WARNING GRAPHIC PICS* Update 07/26

Another bad situation. * WARNING GRAPHIC PICS* Update 07/26

Ok. I need to make this short. My head is killing me, and I nearly had a breakdown today....

I still put food out for a stray in my neighborhood, BUT tonight another visitor showed up... And he is VERY scared of me. I cant touch him, and the only thing that I could do was go inside, and put out canned food for him. He came close enough for pictures.

This is what he looks like. He face is mauled terribly, and he is skin and bones. I would be willing to bet money he is FeLv +. He has bloody puss around his nose and mouth. What do I do? I still have a small amount at the vet for the stray cat fund, not nearly enough to get this cat tested, examined, meds.. AND nowhere for him to go...

I UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES can bring him into my home. Not to foster, nothing. I still have 5 fosters that need to be out soon, and no prospects.

Also, what if he is disease negative? And could be fixed up? What would I do with him?

WHY is it always me? What should I do?

BLOOD/FLESH PICTURES BELOW!!! DONT LOOK IF YOU CANT TAKE IT!!!

Last edited by kt_luvs_kitties; 07-26-2007 at 09:35 PM.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

You need to trap him and get him to some care. If he's positive at least he could be put down and die peacefully. If he's not, then you could get him care, fixed, and just release him and then just provide him with food and water. Either way would be better than what this poor guy is going through. Good luck!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Poor kitty! It is such a dangerous world out there for them. I would trap him and do what K & L said. He need help and needs it now... Your house has been marked like the Found Cats Hotel has been by the homeless and strays looking for a good meal.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I agree with Lisa. having worked TNR for a whole 4 months now, I am a huge supporter. Get him trapped and in to a vet. Poor kitty. OUCH!

Yep, TNR is the way to go. Unfortunately, not all cats are going to go to homes. But TNR is the humane thing to do. Good luck. We're praying for ya on this one for sure.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Poor baby! Katie, do see if you can trap him and get him to the vet.

As Lisa said, worst thing is he passes peacefully if he is positive - though I think FelV and HIV kitties can have good lives, some folks here have them as fosters.

Bless you!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What a handsome fella he is!! Can you get a close-up pic of the wound? Maybe it's an abcess that's already exploded, so it's not so bad. If you absolutely, positively can't get him in to be seen immediately, can you put fish antibiotics in his food? He probably wouldn't notice the powder was there.

Ace sends kisses; he's welded to my L armpit these days, and he's currently kneading on my elbow.

That is a good idea about trapping him and Katie has thought of that BUT the problem is she has NO trap to do it and NO money to buy one. Even if she did have a trap she hasn't got the funds to take care of him or even to put him to sleep. She isw SO overwhelmed with everything and is near a breakdown. She called me last night hysterical and crying about this cat and how she can't take it anymore and why do they all come to her etc. I hope she doesn't mind me posting this but I need you to understand what Katie is going through right now. She just can't take it anymore but her heart doesn't let her not help these babies when they come to her. She already has 5 foster that NO one has shown any interest in adopting and she can't afford to feed those. This cat needs help. Can someone please help katie with this. I am really worried about her well being and this cat needs medically attention ASAP!
    Melissa

Try www.alterpet.org. They have Have-a-Heart traps that you have to pay a deposit on but you get it back when you return the trap.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Poor baby!! I also think you should try to get him trapped. I can totally understand that you don't want to bring him into your house, to the other cats. It's very likely that he is positive, from the way he looks.

Poor kitty! When will people finally get rid of this romantic illusion that this world is a paradise for ferals! Reality is somewhat different, and this poor guy is just one of many!

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but you are a person who cares!

Kirsten

Oh that poor sweet kitty. Katie, I'm so sorry to hear that you are so overwhelmed by all of this. I am willing to help out with what I can. Is there a place that you can call, that will help with him?

Melissa, thank you for letting us know about the situation. It's so sad.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Katie, check your email....

I'm praying for this baby.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Katie - I am sure you know most of these, but have a look and see who ius nearby can lend you a trap. Even if one is a bit far away, you never know who is coming to your city.

http://www.animalshelter.org/shelter...e=&search=Find

ALSO - call the municipal government - I am sure your local gov't Animal Control has traps. However, you might say you want it for a raccoon!

Also try wildlife rescues in your area. And pet grooming places!

Even if you can borrow a large dog cage, and put the food and water in there, you might be able to close the door on this little guy.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, Katie. It has been so long since we spoke. I feel so bad for what you are going through. Is there anyway you could go to a shelter and explain to them about this boy and ask them to loan you a trap? Shelters are good about that usually. I pray this will work out for you. Call me. It has been too long.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

OMG. That poor kitty!

I agree with everybody, try to trap it and take it to the vet asap.

Please keep us posted and thanks for trying to help it. I know the cat will appreciate it. It's probably in pain and it could get infected. Good luck.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!