Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Update!

Update!

It's been a while since I updated..... quite a lot going on, some good and some not so good:

Good thing #1: I've got a job. Signed on the dotted line today!

Good thing #2: Am attending induction training in MELBOURNE next week, so may be meeting up with a couple of PTers.

Now the not so good:
    - Will have to be away from Cali for a whole week - I KNOW she will be fine but I've never been away from her before
    - W is still job-hunting - hopefully he will find something soon!
    - I am having some HUGE health issues at the moment - my RA has flared up, I am also losing hair, and my eczema has flared up too. Also for the past two days and nights I have been having terrible chest pains. I KNOW it's all just stress, so I am TRYING not to get worked up by it, but it's sore and very upsetting Next month when my medical aid kicks in I will go to the doc for a full check up, get my blood tests for the RA done and get back on my Meds - can't wait till I can afford to start poppong the pills again

Thanks to all of you who have given me advice and support, it's been a very trying time - I'm hoping we are slowly moving towards a quiet normal life again!!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

So where are you living now, and what is the job that you're attending training in Melbourne?

Congratulations, and hopefully the hurting stops sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    So where are you living now, and what is the job that you're attending training in Melbourne?

I was going to ask that too. Sorry you seem to be falling apart lately
    Hey, can't afford to do that now that you all are finally getting good news
    for a change. Stress sure can do a lot of strange things to your body
    but I hope ,when everything settles, you will feel so much better.Take care.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

We are actually back in Bahrain. (When we moved to Lagos we stored all the stuff we hadn't sold) so it hasn't been like "starting over", but still a LONG way to go before we are back to where we were before.

The job is with a Aussie company (hence the training in Melbourne). I will be the Business Development manager for Bahrain, which is a wonderful opportunity as it allows me to move out of my previous technical-based pre-sales role and get into pure sales / account management. I've been wanting to make this move for YEARS, but till now have had no luck at all!

Of course some of you may know that the LAST place in the world we want to bring Cali up is in South Africa, so in the medium to long term I am hopeful that if i do well with the company, it could be the way we ultimately get into Oz!

Thanks for the good wishes!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Oh, okay! Say hello to the camels for me! You'll be in our prayers, and I assure you, Cali WILL survive with you away. But now, with cell phones et al, you can call her every night!

Hi, it is good to hear from you again!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I'm very pleased to hear that you finally have some good news! I hope the training goes well. and I can't wait to hear if you have a PT Meeting!

This is good news, glad to have you share it with us!

I am one of the PT'ers hoping to meet Miss Ally!!!!!
    What with her busy schedule, and all!!!!!

Fingers crossed!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I hope you can get back on your meds asap Julie, and that they kick in and start working {{Hugs}}.

Me too Michelle ... i am quite excited.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

It is good to hear from you. Good luck with the training.

Julie, just remember the saying: "I'm so glad I'm back home, I'm glad I went!"

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

If you are worried about Cali, maybe you can tape yourself reading a few bedtime stories and Warren can play the tape if she misses you.

Oh Julie!!! it is great to hear from you again!! How is little Calie doing?

Don't you worry about losing hair, it will stop and grow back as soon as you are more relaxed
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

*BUMP*

Just wondering how you are doing and what is going on since we haven't heard from you since September.

Are you still in Bahrain? Are you still training in Australia? Hope the holidays went well. Just checking in for an update.