Thread: Need of Foster or Forever Home ASAP - Ohio

Need of Foster or Forever Home ASAP - Ohio

Hey everyone. My Mom and I are in the process of trying to save a pups life of living in misery. My neighbors got this pup (I think its a pup) a few weeks back and ever since they have left it on a 4ft lead in front of there house hooked to a tree. I have yet to see food or water. There is and upside down bowl that has been sitting there, but to my knowledge has never had anything in it for a long while. No shelter no nothing. He/she seems like a wonderful dog he/she looks like a yellow lab mix. My Mom and I are trying to save him/her from this terrible situation, but neither her nor I can home him/her. As I already have 4 dogs and no way of keeping another, she has 5 inside and 2 out and just can't on anymore.

Can anyone help us?

Call the local SPCA or Humane Society. If they indeed aren't feeding and don't have shelter for the pup - they can be fined/arrested/etc. The pup will be helped by them.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Are you planning to steal him? Don't answer that!!! Please be careful. I'm with Kay on this one. I think going through the proper channels, or asking the people to relinquish him to you or rescue would be the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by shawsdanes

My neighbors got this pup ... a few weeks back and
    ever since they have left it on a 4ft lead in front of there house hooked to a tree.

I have yet to see food or water.
    There is an upside down bowl that has been sitting there,
    ... never had anything in it for a long while.
    No shelter, no nothing.

Sounds like a louzy way of life ...
    BUTT ... someone MUST be feeding and watering the pooch, or it wouldn't
    be alive after "a few weeks".

They're your neighbors ... have you stopped by and just asked them WHY
    their poor dog seems to "always be alone by the tree"?
    Offer to take Lonesome Pup over to your house to Meet the Gang ...
    get him off the tree and see how he reacts to people and other dogs.
    If they have any affection for the dog, THEY will probably accept the play date offer
    and accompany Fido over to play. IF they say "Sure, take him for a while" or anything similar,
    you have a good indication they don't much care what happens to him/her.

I'd do a little more investigating before you try a "rescue" from his/her own front yard.
    (Mom or Dad may have a GUN!)
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

We have called the Humane Soceity and they won't do anything since there is a bowl out there even though it is upside down and empty. As far as shelter it doesn't have any, but aparently thats not enough reason to take the dog.

By no means were we planning on stealing it. My Mom runs a rescue and she was going to simply talk to her and see if she is wanting to keep the pup. My Mom figured if we had a home lined up, she would say "I have this wonderful family that was looking for a pup just like this one" And kind of go that route.

We don't know what else to do. Anything else I think that they would lash out and take offence to. And as far as a play date, I am not so sure, because of my female not getting along well with strange dogs.

At this point we are just trying to figure out how to help the pup (legally).

The good news is I called and talked to the Humane Society again and asked them if they could at least go and scare the family a bit, so they will start taking care of the poor pup.

All I can say at this point is that the pup is no longer in the front yard tied to the tree as of 8:00 last night. So whether the Humane Society has him/her or if they have put the pup in the house or barn I don't know. I will call the Humane Society today and get an update.

If the Human Society does have him/her. I am still determined that I am going to find him/her a good home. I will keep you all updated.

Well, at least it's not out in the heat without shelter any longer. Hope it is in safe hands.

Heidi, I just want to say, thank you for caring about this dog.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Heidi. I know darn well that if that pup goes to the Findlay Humane Society, he'll have a new home in no time. They are very good at placing good family-oriented pup like labs, those dogs are never there for long.
    Maybe you can invite this family to join the dogpark? That way they can socialize him and they'll get a lot of pointers from dog park folks. I've seen a few people turn around how they care for their dogs when they see how they should care for them. Best of luck with them.