Thread: UPDATE-Granny's Schnauzer

UPDATE-Granny's Schnauzer

We went on Thursday and picked up the puppy for Granny. He is so tiny and so sweet. He is already attatched to her. I couldn't believe how good he was in the car on the way home. He slept the whole way curled up in my lap. We made sure that we brought paper towels. I figured that he would have had an accident in the car or would have gotten car sick. He was very good and we didn't have any problems with him. He is fiesty. He thinks that he is a big dog and he couldn't be more than six inches from muzzle to tip of tail. He will grab granny's pants legs and shake them. I bought him some rawhide bones to chew on. He carries them all over the house.

Thank you to EVERYONE who gave their input on the non shedding dogs

She named him Sammy

Oh, good! Sammy sounds so sweet already, though I am sure he will turn into a terror eventually, chewing and doing all those things that we forgive puppies for because they're just so cute!

Congratulations and good luck with Sammy!

Karen- The best thing about Sammy eventually chewing things up is, IT's NOT MY HOME! It's kind of like what my mom says about her grandchild. Spoil them and give them back to their mommy and daddy.

Sophie's Daddy-Thanks for the kind words

You can't know how happy I am that you found the perfect schnauzer puppy for your grandmother!! They are such wonderful dogs - all of the things you mentioned in your post and more!! I love his name too - our first schnauzer was named Sam. We are now up to number five - you might say we've become hooked over the years - and her name is Molly. They have all been great travelers, great companions and wonderful family members. Can't wait to see a picture of Sammy! Best wishes to your grandmother and her new baby!

thanks margrete!

I must say you picked the perfect pet for your Grandmother. We are both retired and we have two Schnauzers. Miss Daisy is black and 2 and Dom Perignon is salt and pepper and also 2. They are a joy to us, every morning we have our coffee and enjoy their playing time. We have taught them to sit up, shake hands and lay down, then reward them with a "people cracker" They are our constant companions, traveling on vacation, or go with us to do errands like banking, store etc. The bonus is that they don't shed which is great, and they are the most lovable companions one could want.