Thread: Hello from Nova Scotia

Hello from Nova Scotia

Hello everyone, I have been lurking and reading for a bit, really enjoy the atmosphere here at PT. Thought I would introduce us. Here are my boys,

My 5 year old Bernese Mountain Dog, Dudley. He was my first and I am totally in love with him.

When Dudley was 12 weeks old.

and last year (4-years old)

Dudley had a tumor removed in April, and has a result of the "hair cut" he got at the hospital, we decided to shave him completely.. now everyone thinks he is a Swissie..He loves his haircut, so much cooler for him in the summer. but I don't think I will ever do it again.. I miss my furry beast.

This is my Murphy..he is a 4-year old Old English Sheepdog/Springer Mix. We rescued him when he was 13 months old from an neglectful/abusive situation. I thank gosh every day that we have him. He is the family clown.. soooooooo mischevious, very very snuggly.. a real momma's boy.

So that's us, life is good in Nova Scotia

Brenda, Dudley and Murphy

Welcome to Pet Talk!! I am Pam and the mom of two poodles (one standard and one mini) and two kitties. My daughter has a swissie right now and also unfortunately has one now living at the Rainbow Bridge who passed away at the young age of two of bloat. Berners are just awesome dogs. I have been to a few swissie events and there was a woman there recently with a Bernese puppy. What a doll baby! I hope to hear and see more of Dudley. I will direct my daughter to your thread too.

Hi Brenda, and welcome to Pet Talk! You'll LOVE it here! There are so many people, I bet you will make some friends. everyone LOVES photos.

You dogs are wonderful, Dudley is SO handsome, long or short cut. I don't think we have another of his breed on here!

Murphy is a lucky pup to have you enter his life! He should feel right at home here at PT; and I don't remember seeing another Old English here either.

Looking forward to many more posts from you!
    Sandie

Welcome! My mom (Pam), who posted above, directed me to this thread. I too have a Sennenhund!! I have a Swissie, though. But it is great to see a fellow Mountain Dog on the board. Harlee is my second Swissie, and won't be my last. I love Berners too, may just have to adopt one of them in the future, I have met several, and they are fabulous dogs!! Anyway, welcome, and I will be looking forward to seeing pics of your dogs in the future. My Swissies are in my siggy below. Harlee is a pup in the pic below, she is just about 2 1/2 years old now, Dale was my first one, he passed on just before he turned 2, due to bloat.

Robyn

BTW, your dogs are gorgeous!!

Welcome to PT. On appearances BMDs are some of my favorite dogs. I don't remember ever getting to meet one in person. Seen plenty of pictures though. Have Seen very few pictures of the SMDs, but i got to meet my first one a few months ago at the dog park. I was so excited. He just wanted to go sniffing though.

Hope you enjoy your stay here! :-)

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome and the nice compliments about Dud and Murph.

Robyn, I have never seen a Swissie in person, hopefully someday. I am very sorry about the passing of your Dale, 2 is to young to lose them. A very close friend just lost her 2 year old Berner due to bloat.. that is my biggest fear. I am very diligent about the feeding and exercising time frame.

Pam, Murphy's favourite playmate at the dog park are 2 standard poodles.. they can give him a run for the money..I am always so excited when I pull up and see them there.. cause I know I will be leaving with a tired Sheepdog.

Freedom, thanks for the lovely compliments on the boys. I think they are the bestest.. but then I am their mom (hehehe).