Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Show us your tattoos!!!

Show us your tattoos!!!

Hi, I thought this would be a neat thread to start. I was looking at the Bon thread, and saw Anna's tattoo on her arm, but it wasn't a close up and I'm interested to see what it is (hint hint, Anna)

Anyway, I LOVE tattoos and I am addicted to the show Miami Ink too. I only have 2 right now, but have many ideas of more that I want.

So anyway, post a pic of your tattoos, obviously, only post ones that are in a spot that are appropriate for Pettalk viewing

Tell us a little bit about it, if there is a meaning or story behind it...

Here is the first one I got on my ankle...there is no meaning behind it, I just liked this particular butterfly and it was my first one...it's about 4 years old...

Here is my second one, on my back. This is mine, my husband, and my 2 boys birth month flowers. Mine...yellow daffodil, hubby...white narcissus, older son...purple aster and younger son...lilies of the valley. So it's a special one for me. I had my tattoo guy draw it up. The "finger" waves symbolize where our family got its start, at the beach, where my hubby proposed to me...it's only about 2 months old...

This third one is MY HUBBY'S tattoo...he has one more sitting to go, and it will be finished, the koi is swimming upstream ( up towards his knee, since it isn't finished yet, I thought I'd clarify)...the koi will be red and oranges...should rock when it's done...

OK, now show us yours....

Wow Robyn, love yours! Never figured you for a person to have any tattoos, but then again everyone says the same of me
    I'll have to get Mark to take a few, or if I can find some pics I already have I will post them tomorrow.

I look forward to seeing others!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Hee hee - your flowers one is lovely.

No tattoos on me, with my hyper-sensitive skin, I'd probably be allergic to the inks and end up with a massive infection.

How awfully sensitive is my skin? Mosquito bites itch for days - the ones I got July 4th just stopped itching today. After ten minutes outside that afternoon, my shins did a good giraffe pattern but in pink and white instead of browns, as each mosquito bite swells to anywhere from a half-inch splotch to over and inch.

Well, mine's nothing special. It has no meaning and I've had it for over 11 years now. I originally got it done without color and then a year later had it colored. I'm thinking of getting another one, but I want it to have meaning and I just can't think of anything.

Edit to add: I LOVE the tattoo that has all of the flowers representing your family. That is beautiful!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66
    Wow Robyn, love yours! Never figured you for a person to have any tattoos, but then again everyone says the same of me
    !
    that's what I thought - but boy is it gorgeous!!!
    I don't have any but have wanted one for quite some time.
    I would like either a paw or a tiger lily. Or both.
    the paw would be for all my animals of course and the Tiger Lily is my favorite flower - I used to pick them with my grandma so it holds a special meaning.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Shock from me too, Robyn! I knew you were getting a 2nd one but had no idea what it was! It's gorgeous! The flowers are a lovely idea! I love lillies of the valley-my month's flower-just like Jeremy!!! I'm thinking of faces of Cody and Logan on my ankle. Big question...despite rabies shots, surgeries etc..I hate needles...does it hurt???

I've been Boooo'd!

Thanks everyone! Taz_Zoee, your tattoo is very nice, I love it.

Karen, yes, it does hurt...I remember thinking, this will be my last, it hurt so much, but the back is sensitive area...ankles hurt too though But really, after it's done, IMO, it is so worth it! If you get one, let us know!!

BTW,Karen, hubby HATES/DREADS/TERRIFIED of needles, and he dealt fine with it...it kinda feels like someone is scratching you over and over AND OVER in the same place with a pointy needle, as opposed to feeling like your being stabbed by a needle...it's uncomfortable, but if you talk to your artist while it's being done it helps the time pass. Boney areas hurt more than "thicker" meatier areas

OK everyone....keep posting, I know more of you MUST have some to show.....

Taz-Zoe, very cute!

Robyn I liked you explanation of the scratching over and over, that's exactly how it feels to me. Not a good feeling but worth it all in the end.

Now, I did find a scrapbook page where I put the pictures of my tattoos I have and one is a little risque' so look at your own risk!

Not all of them mean something, just designs I liked.
    The bird of paradise was a gift from my dad, the Sturgis one we just wanted a remembrance of when we went there (we had him draw the design from a pin we got there) and the flowers on my left hip was an anniversary gift from Mark (he also got one at the same time).
    The large one one my right side I had the artist draw up. I really like it all except the dark shaded part on my butt, just wish he wouldn't have filled it all in with black (too late now though ).

I do need some touch up on some of them and I have my very first one (an eagle on my right arm-my whole family has some sort of eagle tattoo) that I like, but has faded so much and is so plain. One of these days I'll get it fixed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	36472   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8176.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	36473   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8177.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	241.5 KB 
ID:	36474  

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Anna, I LOVE yours!! Wow, the one on your back/side are truly a work of art...so awesome!! Rob and I have a 10 year anniversary coming up in April, and we may get a tattoo for it...the same one...we're thinking of the sparrow, they have 1 mate for life and so that symbolizes our marriage, if we get it, I'll have to take a pic. Rob also wants to get a "pin up" of me...kinda like a model from the forties, but of me...we'll see That may be another idea of an anniversary gift to him. But they are really great tattoos, thanks for sharing!!

Robyn

I have one on my upper left buttock/hip of a dream catcher. Don't have a picture of it though. My son and I each had one done when we were in Amsterdam a few years back. His is Mr Natural on his right shoulder. That whole trip was magic and special for both of us.

I love all the tattoos! Robyn- your flower tattoo is incredible!

I have currently have 2, I want more though.

This one was a birthday present from my husband (he was my fiancee then though). I got it 7 years ago, a couple months before our wedding. I've loved ladybugs for as long as I can remember (since I was a kid). "Ladybug" is also Justin's nickname for me. Also I drew the ladybug.

This one I got 2 years ago. (The picture was taken just after it was done.) I got it simply because I love my pets and wanted something to represent them.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Wow! These tattoos are really beautiful. Tattoo artists truly are artists. I've seen several episodes of Miami Ink and was always impressed by Cat's portrait work. It simply amazes me how someone could replicate a face of a person on skin with such detail and accuracy.

My skin is getting very sensitive as I get older and thus I know it would not be a good idea for me to even try. Also I know I the type who would tend to want *a change* after awhile. Not an option with a tattoo.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

This is a butterfly I got on the top of my foot. Its the only one I have and it doeasnt actually have any meaning to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_2083.JPG 
Views:	177 
Size:	317.2 KB 
ID:	36479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_2086.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	292.9 KB 
ID:	36480  

Great ink guys!

I've got four tattoos. I'll get a few pics today

Robyn, add me to the shocked list! Your's are beautiful, but I would have never expected you to be the tattoo type of person.

Anna, I knew you had plenty of tattoos but I never knew how large that one is! It's beautiful!

I don't currently have any, however I have plans for one in the future. I'm going to get Simba's actual ink paw print on me somewhere.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits