Thread: Does anyone here have Cysts/Chronic UTI's?

Does anyone here have Cysts/Chronic UTI's?

I'm poistive I have it and I'm so scared. I'm going to the doctor for it soon.
    I've been reading about it on the net and it's scaring me even more.
    I've gotten them ever since I started having intercourse..and I've only had one 3 times since I started (in May) and they have just gone away on their own (within a day or 2). I read that it's really common but there isn't really a cure for it.
    I've been reading that antiobiotics they perscribe don't really help they somtimes make it worse because they flush out all the bacteria even the good.
    I never get pains from it like the people I've read about just the need to constantly go , so I'm hoping it's not serious.
    I've also read D-Mannose has really helped people.
    I was just seeing if anyone here has had this problem or know anyone with it as I'd really just like some comforting advice.
    Last edited by buttercup132; 07-05-2007 at 04:27 PM.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I actually had several UTI's in a row several years back. What the doctor thinks is that it was one UTI that wouldn't completely go away. I have no idea why they started, but I was on antibiotics for a while before they finally went away. Don't worry too much until you talk to your doctor, it might not be too serious. ((((hugs))))

My mom also said that might be it. I had one back in April that I needed antibiotics for (I've only ever needed antibiotics twice for UTI once when I was in grade 8 and one in April) and I never finished the bottle because it went away. I had one last Saturday that seemed to have gone away and now I got one again this Saturday so I kind of think maybe it is the same one coming back.
    See ALL my pets here

When they put you on antibiotics, you HAVE to finish the whole course, because even if the symptoms go away, the cause could still be there, and stopping the antibiotics early could let it linger in your system, and develop an antibiotic resistence. So this time, make sure you mention what was prescribed last time, and between now drink lots of water - that helps, I've been told.

I haven't had a UTI for a long time, but man, they are NO fun.

Are you sure its related to the sex thing? Have you changed anything else: your type of tampon, your type of underwear? These are just as common triggers as sex. My youngest was getting them chronically at 13 (and yes, we certain she wasn't active) and it turned out to be both her underwear, and the type of tampon she used, as well as how long the tampon was in.

PS: I surely hope you're on the pill AND using condoms. Cameron is living proof how easy it is to get pregnant at 17.

I'm going to the walk in clinic tonight because I think my current UTI might have gone to my kidney's causing a kidney infection.
    I really hope it's nothing serious.
    You guys have helped though thank you.
    See ALL my pets here

One thing my OB/GYN had also pounded in to my head was when you have sex, I don't care how much you want to be cuddly and all that, when you are done, get up and go pee!!! Immediately. You need to flush out the area down there, and when you have sex, you're rubbing up into the urethra and germs and stuff get in there, and so if you pee right after sex, it makes a big difference, because all that stuff is being flushed back out.

I agree with CatNapper too... please please please use protection. Sometimes when you're with one partner and your body is use to them and you stop doing the pee thing, and then are with someone else and you just don't remember to get up and pee, your body will react again. It's strange germs in there, and your body is reacting.

My friend at school that I teach with gets them from her husband all the time, lol. She said she's always saying "Get that thing away from me!!"

So seriously, wash wash wash beforehand. Use protection. Then pee afterwards and then go back and cuddle. If the guy gets pissed off, then he's not worth it and doesn't care about your health and well-being.

Oh, they also sell cranberry caplets at the health food stores too. You can find a lot of OTC things for this stuff, but if it's an infection (pee in a cup, and if you visually see the puss and the blood clots -- sounds gross, but believe me, it's better to know what to look for than to be grossed out) you need to get treatment. And yeah, take ALL the meds!!!

I just got back and he said I do have one. I also had a little fever he said to just keep a eye on.

I still have a doctors appointment on Monday so I will talk to them then.
    For now I'm on antiobiotics and taking cranberry pills.
    Oh and I have started to go pee after that too.
    See ALL my pets here

Cranberry juice is great for UTI's. JennLibrarian is right. What you have sounds like "Honeymoon Cystitis", common in sexually active females. My doctor told me the same thing...PEE after sex.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Since I have gotten pregnant I have had three UTI.. I have actually had one for the last three weeks without it letting up at all.. I have blood in my urin, ALOT of it.. and it is VERY painful, really bad cramps, feels like I am peeing razors.. I wouldnt wish this pain on my worst enemy, its that bad... And because I am pregnant I cant take any really effective medications for it. So I am pretty much stuck with it.. and at this point I am ready to just keel over..
    UTI can be caused by intercorse, but if you arn't pregnant they have really effective treatment for them. So you get the pills and it goes away in a couple days.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Though I am sympathetic to your condition, I can't believe all the details are being discussed here. It should at least be in the Dog House. I'm open minded and all that but some of this here was TMI for me. This is, after all, a family site. Maybe pms to discuss more details? That said, I hope it's nothing serious.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Val,

Very valid point.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

My daughter suffered from chronic UTIS from a very young age, her first being at nine months old, she has only just grown out of them it appears at nearly 15,she had to have several investigations,and six months of taking antibiotics, it appears your's are not the same, and maybe related to your sexual activity, yes everyone is right make sure you pee straight afterwards, also don't use bubble baths or anything that might irritate the bladder.

UTI's are extremely painful and you may be lucky to have caught it early, you will soon know if it is in your kidneys as you become very sick.

Infact if you are prone to them, drink lots of water, and yes the cranberry juice or pills worth a try, keep away from anything that might irritate the condition.

I am sure you will be just fine and don't worry too much, easily treatable and usually nothing to be overly concerned about,also the internet can be very helpful but it can also scare the hell out of you and make you think you have all sorts of things, best left to the professionals, glad you went and saw the doctor, hope you are well soon, make sure you do a repeat urine sample after finishing the course to make sure it has competely gone.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️