Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beautiful free Labrador Retriever puppy

Melissa, you are an angel for taking those 3 pups in need.

Education is the key to solving this problem and the more we do to push rescue the more of these poor downtrodden babies will find homes. I don't understand why people get animals and when they get tired of them, they just dump them off somewhere...would they do that to their 2 legged kids?? I don't think so.

Pepe is gorgeous btw and thanks for sharing your beautiful stories Logan and Barb.

Logan, you are such a good girl for pointing your friend to rescue for the sweet little labbie.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

7/21/02 @ 9:16 pm:

Cutefamilypets just received an updated email from Pepe's owner. Pepe has a new home. The owner will post details in the CFP forum. Thanks to everyone who assisted in trying to find this pooch a home.
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

Yeah!!! Congrats...I knew it wouldn't take long!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Well, that is wonderful news, Barb.....wish all of them could be so successful. You know what I think.....we all have to do our part, in whatever way. We might just educate people, every chance we get, or we might participate in transport, or we might foster, or we might adopt a rescue dog, or we might help to coordinate all of the above for some wonderful rescue group, whether it be an "all breed" rescue or a specific breed rescue. You just never know what little talent you can contribute. I certainly never knew, but now I do. I urge each of you to look into what might work in your family and lifestyle and give whatever you can, whether it be time, talent, money, etc. Every little bit helps these rescue groups to survive.

Mugsy thank you but i don't think of myself as any angel! They needed help so i am doing what i can.. I also don't think i can give these guys up. But i will have to. Presley is so high energy i never thought she would get tired but she is sooooo tired all the time now!!!!

Melissa

Originally posted by Presley
    I don't understand why people adopt these animals and then want to get rid of them. Melissa
    Because a lot of them do not understand that the cute little puppy they fall in love with and bring home will very quickly grow up and become an adult dog. As such, they need love, discipline, training and a lot of consistency. Most of all, they need for their owners not to THROW IN THE TOWEL when things get rough due to LACK OF TRAINING! And as pet-lovers, we all know that things do get rough due to LACK OF TRAINING! It's the same as with a child, but the statistics show most people do not realize that.

I totally agree with you Presley - 100%.
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

Like mugsy said someone wouldn't do that to a child.
    I just don't like the idea of how someone can get such a innocent animal who depends on your care for them. It is just really hard to hear about. I wish people would realize the work involved with getting a puppy and that it is a life long commitment. I wish all bad would go away..... I think i'm just so tired to think anymore!!!

What wonderful news!!! Long and happy life to you precioius Presley! Still, there are so many just as deserving. He definitely is one of the lucky ones. Thank you for all you are doing for those sweet pups, Melissa!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~