Thread: Dogsitting Maggie

Dogsitting Maggie

I have a visitor for the month. Her name is Maggie. I have no idea what kind of dog she is.

Her family bought a house but can't move until the end of July. At 40+ pounds, she can't stay in a motel with them. She is very, very submissive. She stays in her crate (by choice) as much as she can. So far she hasn't been any problem. She learned to use the doggy door, but she still wants to be taken out on a leash. I'm sure she misses her Mom, kid, cat and chihuahua.

Wow, she's gorgeous! More pictures, please!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Oh what a cutie!

Sounds almost like she takes care of herself! Low Maintenance!
    Those are the best kind of house guests!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Shes a cutie, Do you know how old she is? Shes probably just getting familier with her new surroundings

Maggie is a pretty dog. Had you met her at all, before she came to stay
    with you? Sounds like she is ok being there, but a little lonely maybe.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Maggie sure is a beaute..a wonderful mix of yummys! Please give her a bunch of tummy rubs for me.I know you're giving her lots of love!

I've been Boooo'd!

Sorry I haven't replied before this. I've been on "vacation".

Maggie is 5 years old. And she really is low maintenance. I had never met her before and have little information from her human. It's been a learn-as-you-go experience.

After nine days, she will come out of her crate on her own in the morning to go outside. As soon as she is finished outside, she goes back in the house and hangs close to me. She now understands the doggy door, so I assume she uses it when I'm not home. I don't close the door on her crate at all. The cats wish I would. Maggie wants to be friends but the cats are still a little afraid of her. Mac (big gray cat) has swatted her a couple times when she sniffed too closely.

Maggie takes cookies gently and eats almost anything. She is a counter-surfer, though. I've been feeding her separately just to give my old Scruffy time to eat all of his food.

She will go anywhere as long as you have her leash on. I suspect she would love a nice long walk. Unfortunately our temperatures have been too high for decent walks. She wants to play with the other dogs, but they aren't sure they want to let her into their twosome. We had a minor scuffle this morning, but they broke it up quickly.

I think she is a cattle dog, maybe mixed with something. She is slated to be spayed on the 17th. She is supposed to be UTD on shots. I don't understand why she hasn't been spayed before this.

I'll try for more pictures.

She sure is pretty! I bet she does have cattle dog in her. My dog Diamond has cattle dog in her, they gave the same eyes and ears.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

OMG I am in love. She looks like an akita mix. I hope you have fun with her and please post more pics!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Glad to hear that Maggie is coming out of her shell a bit. She probably just really misses her family.

Maybe a bit of Dutch Shepherd in there?

She sounds like such a sweetheart!

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

After looking at the pictures of the Dutch Shepherd, I think you're right. Short haired version with maybe a little pit in there too.

She has figured out when cookies are dispensed. And now she will help herself to the toy box contents.

Scruffy (white) and Bella Mae (black) are mine. Both have summer haircuts but Maggie is naturally shorthaired.