Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have SCREENS on your home?

Do you have SCREENS on your home?

Here in the Northeast, screens are REQUIRED. To keep out flies, mosquitoes (doesn't always work); and other insects. When you buy or sell a house, you make certain there are screens for each window. If you rent an apartment, the only way the landlord can get the occupancy permit which allows the rental is if there are screens on all windows.

I know other parts of the country do not need screens.

And I've always wondered, don't birds just fly in if you don't have screens?

So: do you have screens where you live?

Yes, I have screens. I am in the Northeast as well.

we do have screens here, I have no clue if they are required lol but all the newish variety windows, doors with windows, and patio doors here have screens. so at my house the only windows that have screens are the windows we put in after we moved in, the rest of the windows are a really really old style that hardly lets anything in even when the windows are open lol they are just 3 golf ball sized holes covered with a board that you lift off and wala your window is "open"
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Yep, I have screens. I live in FL, but it's not that often that the windows are open since it's so hot. I don't see any houses in FL without screens. When I was in Wisconsin in May I noticed that a lot of houses did not have screens.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

We have screens here too. And I have no idea if they are required, but they sure are a good thing to have. Here we have lots of bees and wasps and those kinds of insects. Not to mention mosquitos and flies.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm in WI and I've never been in a house without screens in my life.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

In SC, I've lived in several places without screens and with the windows painted shut. The rental laws in SC are practically non-existent, harkening back to feudal law.

My current place actually has screens, but these are not secure, so I am careful opening the window. I do not want the critters outside.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

There are screens on all of our windows. I couldn't imagine not having screens on them - my house would be full of mosquitoes. That, and with some of the windows so close to the ground in our house, they're a must with the dogs around.

I have always had screens on my window. I'm not sure if they are required or not here in Iowa.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Taz Zoee that is interesting, as San Francisco was the only place I've ever been which had NO screens! None at either of my friends homes (2), none at the condo we rented. I was amazed! Which is what prompted me to ask this question.

Let's hear from more folks!

Yes, we have screens on the front door and all windows.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Sandie,

I have screens in my apartment and believe me, I don't trust them, as Mollie Rose fell out of the window recently. I went out and bought 3 expanding screens that I keep in the windows as a safeguard against this happening again.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I just assumed everyone in modern society uses screens. (And yes, we do.)

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by crow_noir
    I just assumed everyone in modern society uses screens.
    Same..

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Not only do my windows have screens, but I put a second, adjustable screen in front of them to make SURE the cats cannot get out. (today's new screens are flimsy compared to yesteryear's metal mesh) And not only that, I want all critters that are outside to remain OUTSIDE!!!