Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Aquarium *8 pics*

New Aquarium *8 pics*

This tank was supposed to be for Ecco, but he's in another one. So, I'll get pics of him soon. We got new fish. I got 3 neon tetra's and an adorable catfish. They seem to like the tank alot, except the catfish is still skiddish.

pics:

My cute little catfish, I am so in love with him, he's SO cute. I think I might name him Draco since he kind of looks like a dragon.

My neons. I've had these guys before and I've always thought they were beautiful. My guys are so vibrant and bright.

The catfish loves hiding in the castle.

The whole tank.

Aww I love the catfish, hes so cute!!

What a beautiful tank.Your catfish is adorable and your neons so beautiful.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Thanks you two.

They are all pretty, I don't want to make you upset or anything but I think that is a Otto, its a small algae eater called Otocinclus, or for short an Otto and eats algae And the neons are definately vibrant in their color, I must say that you did an excellent job on your tank, its brightly beautiful, I just love the coloring in it

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Quote Originally Posted by Kalei
    They are all pretty, I don't want to make you upset or anything but I think that is a Otto, its a small algae eater called Otocinclus, or for short an Otto and eats algae And the neons are definately vibrant in their color, I must say that you did an excellent job on your tank, its brightly beautiful, I just love the coloring in it

Thank you! Thanks, Kalei. The lady at the pet store told me it was a catfish but my Dad told me he was a Otto/algea eater. I thought I could trust Petco, figures. Thanks for the info and compliment. Either way I think he is adorable.

Cute fish! I love neons, there so pretty. Very nice tank too, what size is it?
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Thanks, bre! The tank is 3 gallons.

Isn't Ecco a goldfish? You may need to get him a 30 gallon tank.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

No, Ecco isn't in there. My neon tetras are along with a small little otto.

That's a cute little tank! Must be a nanocube? I've always heard otto referred to as ottocats, so I can understand how she'd say it was a catfish.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Hes a darling little catfish (i'm a sucker for any sucker fish or fish with whiskers), and an excellent choice for a smaller tank -- and Kalei is right, hes in the Oto family --

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog...species_id=107

Also, Pleckos and Algae eaters are in the Catfish Family as well, even though there are so many different species, and many look so different from each other

Nice tank! I have neon tetras, I love them.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thanks guys! Allison, I have always loved catfish, especially the tiny species. Personally, I think they are all very cute. Lucky the lady was there though because we almost bought a catfish that grows up to 18 inches! It was a pond fish but he was the same size as the little guy I have now. I like the tetras, but I love my little Otto. I decided to name him Draco since he looks like a miny dragon.

By the way, thanks for the link! It looks like an interesting website.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    Thanks guys! Allison, I have always loved catfish, especially the tiny species. Personally, I think they are all very cute. Lucky the lady was there though because we almost bought a catfish that grows up to 18 inches! It was a pond fish but he was the same size as the little guy I have now. I like the tetras, but I love my little Otto. I decided to name him Draco since he looks like a miny dragon.

By the way, thanks for the link! It looks like an interesting website.
    I hear ya! Gotta love the catfishes! And i'm glad the lady at the store pointed you in the right direction -- most of the plecos and such that are sold at local fish stores and pet stores end up being like the commons -- start out really cute at an inch long (and reasonably inexpensive), and before you know it you've got a monster at more than 12" on your hands!

I've been really into the catfish (and pleco - suckermouth catfish) as well as having fallen in love with loaches lately (i'm a sucker for those Clown Loaches ... so silly!)