Thread: dog drinking from cats water?

dog drinking from cats water?

i was just wondering we are looking after a puppy in 2 weeks ( a border collie AKA a handful!) and i was ondering if it was ok to let them drink from the same water? our cats have an anti spill bowl at the mo but the puppy came to visit today and the monkey manadged to lift it up so i will have to get one of the ferrets water bowl (they are made for dogs)

so will it be ok?

My dogs and cats all drink from the same dishes... nobody's gotten sick from that in all the years I've had pets.

I may be wrong, but I don't see what it would hurt.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

They can share the water dish, no problem.

They should not share food. Cat food is high protein, which cats need. But for a dog it is too high protein, so the kidneys work overtime to flush out all the extra. Dog food odes not have all the nutrients cats need so, overtime, a cat won't do well on cat food. So, if the cats nibble the dog food, once or twice, oh well. But don't let the dog near the cat food!

We do expect photos of this 2 week adventure!

Hey it perfectly alright for them to drink together.. You know if they become friends they will be licking each other anyway.. pics please ok

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Mine all drink from the same bowl too... complete with ice and some cookie crumbs Cameron leaves behind! Heck, Pouncer's favorite drinking bowl is the fish bowl

Fenway drinks from his kitty cousins' bowls all of the time.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I Cant See Anything Wrong With Cats And Dogs Sharing Thier Water. In The Wild They Probably Share With All Sorts Of Animals As They Would On A Farm As Well.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Mine share a large bowl of water.
    I found it to tiring to keep the cats out of it so if ya can't beat them join them!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Both canine and feline share water here aswell with no problems . I often find the cat having a drink along side of the dogs .

I'm sure it's perfectly fine for the cats to drink from the same bowl as the dog.

Hey...both my kitties were toilet bowl drinkers (until, of course, the day Howard fell in, thus breaking himself of the habit). Flushed only, of course!! Luna still does it on the rare occasion one of us forgets to close the lid. And sometimes when it is closed, she'll get mad and dump out her bowl of fresh water I left for her (I have to keep the water dish in the bathroom, because it's the only room that doesn't have carptet) and then knock the dish across the room like a hockey puck. ....But long story short, both my cats have drunk from the toilet and neither suffered any ill effects.

So if the toilet doesn't hurt them, neither will a little doggy slobber.

After all, cats DO lick their own butts and eat such creepy, crawly, and flying things like slugs, spiders, and june bugs

thanks! the pics will be posted in dog general we are looking after him the last week of july and the first week of august! cant wait!