Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reilly out of surgery***UPDATE**** POST 21

Reilly out of surgery***UPDATE**** POST 21

Well i think Reilly has a "cherry eye", for those of you who do not know what this, you can go here and it will tell you.
    http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/ce.html

Late this afternoon daycare called us and told us it looked like he had a blister on his eye, it was too late to get him into the vet but I called and they said to bring him in first thing in the morning. It looks just like the eyes on this website, I took a pic, but I am at work right now and can not download it, I will do so tomorrow. Please say a prayer for my little boy!!!! I hate that he is probably going to have surgery before Mom is ready...lol If he does I will have the vet fix him and his eye at the same time.
    Last edited by kallisto4529; 07-10-2007 at 04:16 PM.

Well, thanks for posting that site, because I didn't really know what it was. Although, that site has a little more than I needed to see.
    Poor Reilly boy.
    Ok, so I've added Reilly on the list right beside his feline sister, Bei-Jing.
    They will both be fine........I just know it.
    Again, you can call me anytime you need to.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh no.
    If it is cherry eye, I've heard it's very easy to deal with. So, hopefully Reilly will be okay.

Please keep us updated!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Here are some pics of Reilly's eye. I took the first two yesterday when he came home from daycare.

This last one I took today after the vet, the vet said they want to give it about a week, to see if it will go away on its own, but we dont think it will, it has already gotten somewhat bigger. If it does not go away by monday then I am going to have them schedule the surgery and get him neutered together.

Wow, poor Reilly. Did this just suddenly appear? Or just grow quickly?

Well at least you can get both things done at once and he'll only have to be put out one time. Let's look at the positive side. LOL

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Sorry the pics are not great, he is really not wanting his pic taken right now..lol He has been so fussy this afternoon, it looks so irritated, I probably am not going to wait until monday to tell them to schedule the surgery. It just came up all of a sudden, it was not there that morning when we dropped him off. Yes I am very glad he can have everything done at one time, I hate him having to have any of it done period...lol

My Shih-tzu has recurrence of eye ulcers frequently, at least 5 ocassions to both eyes... left eye was very susceptible...

vet did an incision to sew up the '3rd' eyelid which causes infection and ulceration when the fur around there grazes the eyeball... much better now... though recovery was painful and he was on GA for half a day

what is GA?? Reilly is scheduled for surgery July 10th, they could not do it any sooner because of the 4th of july and he will have to stay over night. They gave me an ointment today to keep putting in his eye twice a day to help keep infection and irritation down. Plus she told me to give him half of a baby asprin when he is really fussy, due to the fact he is probably hurting some. I hate this, it is like my child is sick and I can't fix it. I know he will be fine, I just hate that he has to have any kind of surgery period!!!!

I feel so bad for Reilly, he can not go to daycare until after his eye is fixed!!!!! Poor baby is bouncing off the walls.....so are mommy and daddy!!!!! lol The ointment is helping keep the irritation down, which im so glad of, he does not seem to be as fussy either, so i think its not hurting him as much as it was. He definitely is not letting it stop his play or normal activity that is for sure, he is still as feisty as ever.

Anyone know how to get a dog that hates having anything done to him and is like a wild indian when you try to do it, to lay still so we can put ointment in his eye??? we have tried everything we know and the vet suggest except for muzzling him and nothing is working!!!! I hate to muzzle him but I may not have a choice, he bites constantly and is so strong!!!!!!

As hard as it may be on you, muzzle him. It's only for a short time just so you can get the ointment in his eye. You are helping him, not being mean to him.
    You will all be in my thoughts.

I'm sorry to hear you're having so many problems while awaiting Reillys surgery. The day is almost here. Hopefully his eye will be all fixed up and he can go back to day care soon.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Aw, Reilly, mom and dad are trying to help you and get that eye to feel better; or at least not as bad. Ease up on them, you are a BIG boy, I know you can do it.

Prayers for you and Reilly. Let us know as things develop!

Good luck with surgery tomorrow, sweet Reilly! I'm sure you'll be fine, but we'll be thinking of you and mommy tomorrow anyways.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

GA = General Anesthetic.

I know the surgery is tomorrow - but if he is bouncing off the walls, is he allowed into your yard where he can run off steam?

HUGS - get better, Reilly!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda