Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reilly out of surgery***UPDATE**** POST 21

Thank you all so much, I just picked up his bowl at 9pm, and daddy and I gave him a bunch of treats before then. No more food until after surgery. Im starting to get pretty nervous, I know he will be fine, but you just never know. Look at poor Sherman!!, please dont mistake me, there situations are nothing alike, but it just breaks my heart, that is how I lost Mousse, it was so unexpected and sudden, one day he was healthy and happy and having all kinds of fun, and the next he was so sick he could barely hold his head up. So please just say lots of prayers, I never thought Reilly would mean so much to me, he has filled so many voids left in my life and my heart, he takes care of so many things for me.
    Catty, we have been running him outside, and taking him for extra walks and just sitting outside and letting him run around on a lead for a while, just so he is not so cooped up. I told my husband...lol as bad as it gets for us, it is worse for him...lol we can leave...lol I went and relucantly bought a muzzle this afternoon, I called the vet and even he said I needed to get one just to be able to give him his eye meds. I know we are not doing it to be cruel to him, I just hate them.
    Well thanks again to all of you for the prayers and kind words, I promise as soon as I know how he did, I will post on here, and later this week I will post some new pics of him.

Good luck today Reilly, you're gonna feel better soon, sweetie. Your eye will work so much better and the itchies will be gone. Hmmm, gonna get tutored too, huh? We're saying a prayer all goes well for you!

You are in my thoughts today (I'm sorry, for some reason I thought it was tomorrow).
    I can't wait to hear an update. I'm sure he will be as good as new in no time.
    Hugs to you Marti!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Good luck today!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Prayers for Reilly!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Reilly came through surgery with flying colors!!!!!! They did the laser neutering on him, had no idea it even existed...lol We will pick him up at 9 a.m. tomorrow, I cant wait, I have to work tonight and well did not get much sleep...lol They are going to send him home with some ointment for his eye, he has an ear infection in his left ear, I had them check his left leg, due to the fact the last week he has been limping, specifically when he gets up from a nap. Well he has loose hips, vet said it is not dysplasia, but is sending home meds for it and as he gets older they should tighten up. The piece of cake to all of it, now we have to watch his other eye for the cherry eye, she said it might be trying to do it on that one also.....lol But I could care less, we will deal with it, when and if we have to. My BooBoo is coming home tomorrow and he is going to be just fine.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah Im so relieved I was so nervous this morning when Jeff and I dropped him off. Of course he thought he was at like a daycare, due to all the animals...lol

Thank you all of you, for your thoughts and prayers, I can not tell you what it means and how much all of you help.

Woo Hoo!! I'm so glad to hear Reilly's surgery went so well. (And I'll refrain from saying I told ya so. ) I hope it doesn't happen to his other eye too!!! Fingers crossed here that it does not happen!!
    I have never heard of laser neutering either, interesting. Well, at least you'll be at work and kept busy so the time will fly by and then you can go get your baby boy!!!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Great to hear Reilly did well! He'll be home in no time!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Cin you can tell me all you want I TOLD YOU SO......LOL I am so wishing time would just fly tonight so I can go and pick him up. He has his blankie so I dont feel so bad him being there without us, that has all the smells of home on it....lol

How is Reilly doing now that he's home and it's been a while since the surgery?
    I hope you are all doing good.

Yay! I'm thrilled to hear that everything went well. Hopefully he's home and resting comfortably with you.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Yeah, how is little Reilly doing? Glad surgery went well. Hope he's getting spoiled while recovering.

Oh trust me he is getting spoiled!!!! I actually had to take him back in friday to have his incision checked, it was bleeding a little, he is just bouncing off the walls. the vet said that is a major drawback to laser surgery, they have no idea anything was really done to them, so they gave me a mild sedative to kinda help him chill out some. I feel so bad for him, he has all of this energy that is just dying to come out and he does not understand why he cant play like he is used to...lol the muzzling with giving him his eye meds is going really well, he does not fight at all if i am the one holding him, and he lets me put the ear meds in myself. he has four more days to "be Quiet" lol then he can go back to the daycare and we are taking him to the dog park that just opened up. His health is really doing great, im so happy with the way things turned out with all of it. Daddy has been taking him for extra long walks just to get him out of the house and let him have a little fun.
    The 26th we leave to go on vacation so he will enjoy being at daycare while we are gone, they will board him there and he will get to go every day!!!!!

Thanks for asking how my little Boo Boo is doing, hopefully either tomorrow or wed I can post some pics. He has kept me pretty busy...lol

I am so glad the surgery went well. That is wonderful news! Cherry eye looks uncomfortable. YAY for Reilly! He is all better!
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Glad he is doing well. I'll be impatiently waiting for pictures.