Thread: Cats and TV. (funny story)

Cats and TV. (funny story)

I had an interesting experience the other day. Jim and I rented a suspense/horror movie from the local video store and, of course, as soon as we sat down the cats climbed onto our laps to cuddle with us (Howard on Jim's lap, Luna on mine). Luna was sitting on my lap, facing the TV with both front paws resting on my knee, but I didn't think she was really paying attention to the action going on on the screen,

Then about halfway through the movie, there came a scene where an evil creature was chasing a girl down a long hallway and she was trying to make it to a doorway at the very end so she could escape (typical horror movie). Just as the creature was about to catch up with the girl and eat her, Luna tensed up and dug both sets of front claws into my knee . When the girl made it to safety after a very narrow miss, Luna released her claws and relaxed. Then she jumped off my lap, looked back at both of us, and shook herself off...almost as if to say "How can you guys watch this stuff???" What's more, after the movie she was even more than usual demanding of attention and someone for company.

So I think she was actually paying attention to the movie! Maybe even had some understanding of what was going on with the plot!

LOL! Did she have to sleep in the bed with you?
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Pawla
    LOL! Did she have to sleep in the bed with you?
    Not quite (she would have kept us awake all night). But she did require some extra attention before bed time....and I know she was stuck to Howard's side like glue LOL!

The Only Thing That The Found Cats React To Is A Fast Moving Cartoon With A Lot Of Noise And Graphics.
    I Remember Them Watching Bill Nye For That Reason. They Sometimes Chase The Puck Too In Hockey Games.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Maybe it was the music? That does set the emotion.

Watch a scary scene with no sound and it really looks rather comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Maybe it was the music? That does set the emotion.

Watch a scary scene with no sound and it really looks rather comical.
    I think she was actually paying attention (the scene was pretty creepy) because it didn't have any effect on Howard Cat, who stayed comfortablly sprawled on his dad's lap...until a bit later in the movie when he decided it was time to visit his food dish for a snack break. Either way, the reactions of both cats were pretty funny. Could this be a guy/girl difference thing that extends to animals? Or maybe just a weak stomach thing?

BTW...actually, if one of the cats had to be scared, I was surprised it was Luna. Usually it's Howard who is my coward. He hides under my claw-foot bathtub from most anything and everything (strangers, the vacuum, odd noises, a helium baloon, a bouncy ball, just for the heck of it...).

Cats are entertaining. LOL!