Ok so I got Layla Avid microchipped on Halloween day. Sent the registration to PETtrac in right away early in Nov. 2006. All this time thinking everything's fine. Today I receive a confirmation letter from PETtrac to confirm all information is correct. They had my phone number right, thank goodness. I gave them hubbys work phone and it was one number off. Ok maybe they thought the 7 was a 9 (although I print very carefully on important forms)My vet number had the wrong area code and exchange.
Ok Layla's not been lost, let's just call the 800 number and straighten this out. Then I'm informed that because the account is in my hubbys name they can't talk to me. So as calmly, but clearly pissed I told her "this is MY dog, I had her microchipped and paid for it, I only put my hubbys name on it as I always put both names so 'this' wouldn't happen, and you tell me you can't talk to me?
Then she managed to find my name on the application. She corrected the phone numbers and emailed me a copy with the correct info and BOTH of our names on it.
The moral to this vent is ... please everyone, make sure they have your info correct.
Thanks for reading. Oh and actually all four of our furkids are 'both' of ours.